droid

http://phones.verizonwireless.com/motorola/droid/#/home

anyone getting this or know alot about it yet??

Sonny, please pick up the l33t phone in the lobby.

mike01gsr just bought one today…ill let you know what he says about it

id go droid if it wasnt motorola… the hardware is beat. I just picked up a storm 2 the other day.

i would consider one, but i already have the Crackberry Storm…if i kill this phone i’ll consider the Droid tho

There was a day when Motorola was ‘king’ of Cellular phones. Not so much in recent years.

I have a Dare & I hate it. Never really did like it. I also have a Blackberry Curve from work & I hate it too. Whatever happened to phones that worked really well as “phones”. They all suck anymore.

I may check out the Droid. It looks like is does what my Dare does + it has a real keyboard. I hate touch screens anymore.

The biggest thing about the Droid is it uses a similar processor and graphics as the iphone, we all know how ‘good’ the iphone is. Droid has a superior OS though, since everything is open source you have a lot more folks from the *nix community and so-on that are willing to make quality apps. I ordered one full retail and asked to get it shipped to work, and ended up getting it for 299 with 100$ MIR haha. I should have it Tuesday, I’ll report back in.

i got one, i love it

htc makes a droid too, no qwerty, just touch screen

Wanted one, but it isn’t on the company approved list yet, so I’m getting Touch Pro2 instead.

I’m thinking about running to Verizon tomorrow and picking one up.

One question for the guys that have it, can you send over 160 characters when you send a text? That’s the one thing holding my back. It was a PITA when I had a BB.

yes and no, it looks like one long tm if you go over, but it’ll break it down and send it so you don’t have to stop and then start over

Ive got a BBStorm and absolutely hate it. Ive had it like 6 months now and really regret buying it. I need to go and check out the Droid and see what its all about. I saw the commercial for the Storm2 but this phone has turned me off from any BB product that will ever come out.

Tour > Storm…

truth.

that is an SMS limitation, not a phone’s

the link listed doesn’t specifically say that it’s andriod 2.0? I saw that the eris ships with andriod 1.x i’m guessing this one doesn’t?

iPhone is open with a couple of mouse clicks :hsdance:

why void a warranty to do something that is sold retail?

:smiley:

from what I remember reading, that is correct. HTC is currently working on porting their UI to Android 2.0 but isn’t done yet. The motorola droid is android 2.0.

the moto is 2.0, but the processor and internals are below par… teh HTC is 1.5 but better guts… its going to be a bit until its figured out right, its all hype for now IMO.

I know, the droid will be somewhat similar, although from what I’ve been reading its a lot more locked down than the g1 was out of the gate. We shall see, I get my droid on Tuesday :wink:

Because the iPhone is better? lol.

No warranty voiding… just click RESTORE in iTunes and all is stock again.