droid

sure…then none of the shit that we previously were talking about works… great theory!

i forgot this thread was about the iphone… can’t you pay for an application to tell you your phone is the best? off to the market!

yeah… htc sense is getting the eclair update… it does suck though, to have to retool the UI for significant updates… makes the hardware vendor less apt to maintain smaller android updates as they have to do some significant work to roll them out, so they just wait for the ‘big ones’.

Umm if you need to make a warranty claim then you restore it… simple concept really.

id go pick this up if verizon didnt want 550 for one without a contract

Does it have Vibrate Wayne? if so go get one now thx.

funny

while i can agree with you, what are the prices of other ‘smart phones’ without contracts? remember the $600 iphone?

yeah i know…i splurged and went and got it anyway so far its a very nice phone

i dont see why people run out and buy out of contract phones. thats rediculous.

Yea that’s silly talk… You’ll find them on Craigslist in a month for $200 no contract.

What I ment by that is ex: my bb could only type 160 char and I would have to create a new message. My env3 you can type more than 160 char but it creates one long message. I was just asking if you had to create a new message every 150 char

I paid 2 year contract price, out of contract :wink:

my phone is stuck in the Pittsburgh sorting facility right now though, since Saturday :frowning: I hope it comes today.

sounds good… many phones extrapolate the texts into a large one, but on the back end, your carrier is charging you per 160character message.

I just got the droid eris yesterday. So far it’s pretty cool. The technical side of this thing is lost on me, though. So I can’t offer much there. Browser is a little sluggish.

But battery life SUCKS. I even changed a bunch of settings to ease up on the battery, and it still sucks.

Something tells me that I’ll go running back to blackberry and get the tour :redface:

i don’t know if the eris has the same 1500aH battery as the hero, but i noticed that if you install locale or something to manage wifi and gps signals, it cuts way back on battery… there is an app called drain-o-meter or something that will take samples and return teh apps that take the most battery… same with the battery apps that give detailed info…

after a week or so of configuring my battery life is good for over 12 or 16 hours a day… day 1 of using the phone it was dead after about 3 hours of use lol

personally the gmail integration is money for me… and it’s layout and management of corporate accounts is stellar compared to blackberries limited management of email accounts… although i still have a blackberry as backup since the battery on it will last at least 3 days without dying (8830).

i have the motorola cliq from tmobile and it has the android tech. i fuckin love it…

you can save battery life by downloading “taskiller” then you hit the taskiller app and kill all prgrams running , it saves battery life for sure…before i got the task killer my bat would die within 6-8 hours. now its 2 days

I actually selected that app, but my apps won’t download. Dunno why. I selected 2 to download, and for almost a full day now they are still stuck on the “Starting download” phase. Might have to take it back into Verizon?

mine downloaded it within seconds

i noticed that when my cellular and wifi were both ‘online’… are you attempting to connect at work or something through wifi? a lot of corporations are going to allow the device online but block some functionality. Where i work, we block pandora radio and app downloads etc, but allow iphones and andriods on the network??

try to only be on cellular only when you download…

also, i noticed a download hanging up once, i just hit cancel download then redownloaded and it worked immediately?

and yeah, task killer lite is a good app, ignore the “HTC Sense” task running when you use it

i noticed that some downloads do hang up , but at the same time i was at passavant hospital and it wouldnt let me on the wifi what so ever…

with my htc pro, if i set it to send and receive for emails every couple hours that seems to save the battery life