New toy at work

My boss just told me we’re getting one of these delivered soon:

One of our customers just bought one so we (specifically I) need to add support for it to our software. I wonder if it comes full of money. :snky:

Sweet.

For Bank use?

Credit unions. This one is Maryland, which kind of sucks since it’s our first install and if we have problems I can’t just hop in the car and go over there.

Now is this for consumer use or for tellers?

fancy ATM machine?

What if you put in 150 and it says you only put in 130…

Can it spit everything you just put in back out so it can be manually counted? That shit seems really sketchy to me.

Clearly you don’t understand machines don’t make mistakes.

valid point

It’s for the tellers. It eliminates the need for them to count and balance their drawers. As far as accuracy I’m sure it’s more reliable than a human counting. Automated money counting machines have been around forever. It also scans for counterfeit bills.

In the demo if the teller keys in $150 for a deposit and the machine counts $160 the teller gets the option to get $10 back from the machine or deposit $160.

In cases where it says it’s short I’m sure it has running tallies that can be balanced just like an ATM machine in the rare cases where they over or under dispense.

I still think its the best when they fuck up and put the wrong bill denomination in and instead of 10s you get 20s …

my bank has done that to me twice already lol… but the other way around :frowning:

The good thing with something like this is you don’t have to worry about that. You just toss a stack of unsorted bills in the top and it’s smart enough to sort it all for you.

Still not sure I like them calling it a “recycler”. That word makes me picture putting a bunch of cash in and getting back a 2"x2" cube of shredded and compacted money back.

lol yea. that doesn’t sound that fun. I really wish they would make something like this that just automatically deposited into my bank account. After hours banking would be so much fucking easier

so you gonna something :snky: with all those fraction of a cent remainders?

I am sure some people were hoping for something like, “you put money in and it spits out money with different serial numbers.”

I’ve only used a teller once in the past 3 years and that was because I needed a cash removal of 5k from an account, and the ATM limit is 500. If the ATM didn’t limit I would never go to the teller.

Down here (not sure if same in Buffalo) but I can do everything from cash deposit/check deposit/etc. from an ATM.

I say get rid of tellers altogether :wink:

Just don’t mess up some mundane detail.

+1 I’d rather have a higher return on my money then paying a teller to help me do something I can do myself.

Oh usually ATMs limit you to $500 per transaction with a limit of $1000 per day.

I wish the limit was something like $25K then I’d almost never go inside a bank.

I have gotten an extra $20 out of an ATM more then once. That is always a nice little surprise.

Bump… Diebold, throwing the fake money around.

After 3 days reading PDF manuals and playing phone tag I finally found someone at Diebold who could tell me the LAN and USB ports were disabled, and that the serial connection required a null modem cable not just a standard serial cable. After that key info I had the thing spitting out fake money in like 10 minutes. Now to figure out a decent user interface for the cash dispensing (since people don’t always want largest bills etc) and interface it with our software.

/huge nerd

lol how did the banana taste?