new toy has arrived !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new toy is here an almost set up !!! New plasma cad table an plasma cutter caapable of cutting 1" thick material and new computer to run this bitch!!! pix kind of shitty was in a hurry and half the lights were off in shop and it’s a cell pix. got table mostly set nup. just need to finish setup this week and find a comfortable place in shop for it.

That is BADASS. How accurate is that as compared to a waterjet?

Awesome, can’t wait to check this thing out!

Water jet cuts a dead nuts clean cut. Plasma leaves a tiny bit of schlag on the back side of the cut edge, but it fall right off with a tap of a hammer, or some production setups they have a tumbler they throw the pieces in to knock it off.

The amount of shit on the back side of the cut depends on how well the torch is setup, amperage, kerf, stand off distance… But a fine cut tip in the torch, even in my hypertherm powermax 380, cuts 1/2" shit about the width of a pencile!

Also the stepping of the system is smooth, it will leave the edges very flat and smooth, no grinding needed. Either way a plasma CNC table is TONS cheaper than a water jet or a laser, and it gets the job done.

What TD plasma did u get? Sweet ass setup man! The time you will save using this is going to blow your mind I bet!

Fun toys right Hank!?!?! Just bought a 15’x5’ gantry CNC machine that I could setup as CNC plasma/laser if needed, but likely won’t as I bought the machine for a specific purpose.

What nesting/cutting programs are you using?

A cnc plasma machine with glycol pool and argon curtain will produce zero slag at the kerf(setup for the material of course). (see crude photobelow)

Blue = tank
Black = sacrificial grid
Green = glycol/ fluid medium
Red = material
Yellow = argon curtain(shielding)

Stainless/inconel/monel/etc also requires argon jet gas instead of regular compressed air. Torch height control is the biggest thing to getting super clean cuts with plasma machines, but is typically an expensive add on.

Great info man. I love reading tech from you. no homo. lol

Makes sense in my head now too. Argon is heavier than air, so it would “float” over that fluid below the grate creating a nice purge I guess.

Did you ever see that sweet table the guy built, I think it was on that DYI CNC forum. He made from scratch, and sick cnc plasma setup. Aluminum water bed, replaceable grates, adjustable feet, the entire CNC gantry… everything. it was a crazy build and very informative too.

i have no idea any any program shit yet…lol but a buddy just bought me a whole stack of shit he ripped from the net. I prob. wont have anytime this week too get it anyfurther than i am with it right now. whichs sux big time.

I sux at computers an shit luckily my good friend has very good patience and is willing get me up to speed on this thing !!!lol
Yes i am retarded when it comes to computers an shit no i am not affraid to admit when i’m wrong or dont know shit about something.:retardclap:thumbup lmao

NP, shoot me a message if you run into trouble. Most of the programs are very self explanatory and easy to use. The CAD software can take a little to learn. Most nesting programs input Autocad files.

Ummmm SICK.
Solidworks compatible? Wish I had one of these to send my .PRT files to [/jealous]

I work strictly in solidworks and solidcam. You can send them to my machine :wink:

Awesome- what’s it going to cost me? SRSly. Need to get some little things done soon :slight_smile:

Email me the files, I’ll give you an estimate. I’ll pm you the email address.