New trickflow 2v heads (pics)

Totally new cast and combustion chambers and much more.

I here there gonna cost $2,000 and they outflow the 4v terminator heads by 50 cfm…

http://forums.modulardepot.com/showthread.php?t=109974

I have been doing a ton of reading on these lately … wondering if i should do a 2v swap in my saleen

yeahh! maybe an N/A 2v can keep up with a stock Ls1 now! :tup:

you losers need 2 heads to keep up with hondas 1 head! fggts!!

ya the 2 head motor being stock and the 1 head running 20psi of boost real equal comparison

So, in this case 4v means four valve, not 4 venturi, right? After the dust finally settles on the cleveland head nomenclature, you ford guys had to mix it up again… Also, do the stock heads have canted valves, or is that just trick flow 1337ness?

ls1!!! go bills, M.ustU.seS.upercharterT.urboA.gainstN.aG.m!!!

silly shit like this might make me build a crown vic…

lol i dont think those valves are big enough :o

wow…maybe there is hope for the 2 valves after all…maybe…

The 2v motors have been making good NA power for years dude…

The technology is finally catching up.

very nice looking heads, but 2K? ouch lol

I dont understand why they switched from the OHV motors…

They have 2 cams now and dont get any better gas mileage and the performance could have been reached just as easily if not easier with a OHV motor… does anyone know why?

because they share the same characteristics with all of fords other modular engines (hence the name). In theory you could bolt any modular engine part onto another mod engine, and it should run fine (within reason)

For example, ford modular V10 is identicle to the 4.6/5.4 modular engine, only with 2 extra cylinders added on.

It saved a lot of $$$ from an engineering standpoint. The work was already done for them on the base design, all they had to do was tweak things here and there

Well when they had the 5.0 didnt they have the 3.8 that was a V6 made from the 5.0? and other engines sort of alike?

that I’m not really sure about to be honest with you. It probably had something to do with fuel economy too.

AFAIK, even the ford 4 bangers are modular designs, so their esentially a v8 with one bank cut off of it.

heh… no shit, a lot of good info in here

The Modular engine is Ford Motor Company’s current high volume overhead camshaft (OHC) V8 and V10 gasoline engine family. It gradually replaced the Windsor small-block and 385 big-block engines over several years in the mid-1990s. Contrary to popular belief, the Modular engine did not get its name from its design or sharing of certain parts among the engine family. Instead, the name was derived from a manufacturing plant protocol, “Modular”, where the plant and its tooling could be changed out in a matter of hours to manufacture different versions of the engine family.[1] It is used in Ford trucks, (called Triton) in Lincolns (called InTech) and in Ford and Mercury cars.

The engines were first produced in Romeo, Michigan but additional capacity was added in Windsor, Ontario.

Over the years, the 4.6 has been offered in 2-valve SOHC, 3-valve SOHC, and 4-valve DOHC versions. It has also been produced with both iron and aluminum blocks. The 4.6 Ls bore and stroke are nearly square at 90.2 mm (3.552 in) and 90 mm (3.543 in) respectively. Deck heights for all 4.6 blocks are 227 mm (8.937 in). Connecting rod length is 150.7 mm (5.933 in) center to center giving the 4.6 L a 1.67:1 rod to stroke ratio. Cylinder bore spacing measures 100 mm (3.937 in) which is common to all members of the Modular engine family.

Until 1999, all car engines were produced at the Romeo plant. In 1999 and 2000, Mustang engines were produced in Windsor. Production was moved back to Romeo in 2001. Most truck engines are from the Windsor plant, however there are many later model trucks with Romeo engines. All aluminum-blocked engines were produced at Romeo. In keeping with traditional Ford practice, as engine design is revised over time and compatibility with previous versions is considered low priority,[3] so that parts from a modular engine made in one model year are not necessarily likely to fit an engine made in another; and parts from an engine manufactured in Romeo are unlikely to fit an engine made in Windsor.[4] The Romeo and Windsor plants have different designs for main bearings, heads (cam caps), camshaft gears (press-on vs. bolt on), valve covers (number of bolts), crankshaft (number of flywheel bolts), and cross bolt fasteners for main bearing cap

This doesnt seem cost effective.

Yeah, I always thought it was an engineering thing, as it turns out it was the manufacturing process.

umm 5.0 & 4v >>>>>> 2v