32V Lsx Heads FTMFW

These are straight up badass, if i didnt have a LT1 id be all over it

http://www.ls1lt1.com/forum/showthread.php?p=78494#post78494

i saw them today and do not see what all the hype is about. i personally like to go with proven set ups and components i cant afford to test or be a genie pig

sweet, more moving parts to break.

well all there other heads perform so i dont see y these wouldnt. plus im sure theres numbers on them they just arent released yet

personally i never heard of any big guys running these or anyone. i hear guys running ET heads AFR trick flow etc

doesn’t funny cars use this technology?

yep thats awesome and the flow numbers are ridiculous… i’m curious to see how well they flow down low lifts compared to a full ported aftermarket setup. 400 cfm on the intake side is sick…

pricing will be nuts tho… i think its like 6 grand for the set if its similar to the GEN I heads… but dyno charts for the GEN I heads showed REDICULOUS gains…i’m doubtful of it tho… i’d need to see more results.

If i am correct one big hole flows better than 2 holes

it depends on the area…cause im sure that 2 one inch holes flow better than 1 1.5 inch hole

yes… it does depend on the area. 2 2.5inch duals will out flow a single 3 and possibly a 3.5incher as well

No.

JUNK

i don’t have an opinion until I see some numbers

overrated I’m sure

All I see is adding extra weight to the top of ur valvetrain. There are plenty of heads out there now that Im sure will flow just as good if not better. Those heads are a waste of time and money.

Ugly, too.

could be extra weight and ugly but the only way to really tell is to test them… for the price they better be impressive…which i’m not too sure how much more power over a good aftermarket ported head they can make. they claim 474hp on a LT1 cammed small block 350… with over 300cfm of flow and a ton down low lift range. "brand x’ head quoted to flow like 260cfm but nowhere near as much in the low lift range. it made 360 hp. i dont see how that will make 100 more hp. 474hp on a LT1 cam would be the most impressive thing i’ve ever seen n/a

Any specs on the cam that was used or how high they spun it?

heres the link…its just a stock LT1 cam…spun up to 6K rpms to make peak, compared to 5100 or so with regular heads.

They hyphened the LT-1…maybe they are indeed talkin about the 1970 version of the 350 LT-1. i just saw LT1 and thought LT1 cam from a 93-97 fbody since its a popular mild cam
1970 360 gross hp rated LT-1…cam was

GM p/n 3972178 square Solid lifter - 0.458(I)/0.484(E) lift, 317I/346E duration
looks somewhat stout on the intake/exh durations

http://www.araoengineering.com/Chevy/chevysmb.htm

“To illustrate the potential of Arao Performance 32-valve Cylinder Heads, we dyno tested a 5.7L Chevy small block with 10.0:1 compression, LT-1 cam, single-plane intake and 750 CFM carburetor. We tested the Arao head against a ported and polished, well-known brand 2-valve aluminum head with 2.08” intake valves and a stock open-chamber iron head"

http://www.araoengineering.com/Chevy/popwin/images/chart_hp-rpm_lg.jpg