32V Lsx Heads FTMFW

It looks like someone made that dyno chart in microsoft paint. Super professional.

This was tried many times on the traditional SBC. Nobody had lasting success with it though. I doubt the results will be any better on the Gen III/IV.

-TJ

you mean domestic v8’s come w/ more than 2 valves per cylinder???

on a serious note though, i’d go w/ what is proven. if they can get 300cfm’s out of 2 valve setups–then why dump all the money on a multivalve head and be a the same cfms. until someone has a bolt on ready to go head that has been proven, not worth the headache of guinea pig-ing.

i’d be real curious on how it performs just cuz its a cool design but maybe not the best functional thing since aftermarket heads make so much power now anyway.
only thing tho is the extra valves will kill a 2v on the low lift ranges so that in itself will make lots of power…so much more air goin in per cycle of the cam

Hell, STOCK L92 heads flow about 330CFM.

-TJ

werd!!!

true thats why i dont see this head being a huge success unless for those looking to get absolutely everything possibel out of the motor and a motor thats got LOTS of inches like the new LSX block’s 470+ inch capabilities.

can the L92 heads hit 380-400cfm ported?

Livernois is gettin 360 intake i belive

First, the advantages;
Four valve per cylinder heads offer more valve surface area then traditional two valve per cylinder heads which means more fuel and air in and out over the traditional two valve per cylinder heads.This means more high rpm horsepower over traditional two valve per cylinder heads. Part of this gain comes from the tumble caused by the two intake valves as the fuel and air mixtures hit each other, they tumble into the cylinder, instead of swirling. Tumbling of the mixture helps promote high rpm horsepower.

Now, the disadvantages;
Tumbling of the fuel mixture also promotes the loss of low end torque. Swirling of the mixture, as from two valve per cylinder heads, promotes low end torque, the best would be a combination of swirl and tumble. To really take advantage of the four valve per cylinder heads, you will need to be able to run the engine at very high rpms. This typically means that the bottom end has to be built up with stronger then stock parts. Loss of compression with stock pistons. One thing you can bet, four valves need bigger combustion chambers. Special pistons with high lift cams. Most pistons are designed for two valve per cylinder heads, so, the eyebrows in the pistons probably will not be correct, and to get compression back from the larger combustion chambers, domed pistons are likely to be needed, which creates another problem with valve contact with the piston, which means even higher costs to have the pistons specially made.

So, weighing the advantages and disadvantages of the four valve per cylinder heads, I would rather just go with a good set of after market two valve heads for the money.

teh car could turn out like the ZR1 LT5 which was making peak power by like 5500 rpms and carrying that flat all the way to 7000 rpms. thats a nice hp curve.

and there are sooo many LT5s out there being built for mega HP?

Their only one step away from making a Vtech LS motor :bowrofl:

yeah there aint much, some tho have made some decent numbers, but the heads might make similar power curves. thats all i’m saying