Progress pics of some LS6 heads I'm porting

A set of heads I’m setting up, started off as a nice set of real LS6 take offs with zero miles. Still a lot of work to do, but ext. port layout is about done, This is with the stock valvejob still, and throat size still small @ 1.325 and ugly so don’t mind it till a real VJ and blending is complete. I may just finish the stock stuff that is in right now. And see what it makes, I’ve done some other super budget, stock with miles VJ. On shitty LS1 casting and made more power then just about any other ported factory casting LSx heads have on neweras dyno. So It’s kinda a shame to have to cut them. When it will “work” fine. Might make some small changes after some testing, but at this point I’m happy how they cleaned up with a quick sand roll after the work with the carbide burr, to show off. The 243 casting is very bad ass, for what it is. Cars have gone 15xmph NA (sam racing) with this head casting.

rough

sand roll

butter :burnout:

nice, look like mine. :tup:

very nice

Very nice. :tup:

Fantastic work. These are going to make absurd power on stock cubes. :tup:

wheels up :tup:

'98 Neon - fbody killer
WTF???

nice impact gun,i have the same one

Looks good, could have purchased a set of ported castings from Texas Speed & Performance and saved countless hours of your life. Can’t beat a CNC machine

I tend to disagree with this statement. If machines could do everything we’d all be fucked. Not to mention working on your own vehicle > some machine doing it.

great pics!

I wish i had the patience and know how to do this, my stock 853’s are holding me back

:tup:

Some work on the intake side tonight. This is one port, but a good start. Needs more roof blending I’ll get that from the other end.

Anyone what to make a WHP number guess? Will be head swap only, same HG and quench distance. Over stock unported LS1 heads.

19.43 wheel

21.4 wheel

26.4 Wheel