some pics of LS1 valve job blending,

My friend had a VJ done for a 2.02/1.55s in his stock 853s, not something I would have done. But thought I could fix them up a little, I didn’t have a lot of time to work on them. Hopefully there better

int throat i opened to 1.80 about 88% I had a gauge for and didn’t like it. Went to about 90 with a 1.815 I made up and liked that a lot better. The ext, did a 1.38 and the throat was a radii cut didn’t like how that came out. Went to 1.40, better but still kinda funny, not sure was what the cutter was?

no CNC porting needed

dyno sheet coming soon. I guess all times I’ve read dennis and bret post “VJ and blend” mean something. And I know a lot of guys they know whats up, point at it. And Ive read jud say its all about the valve seat, that 1/2 above and below. The 853 SSR has that dead spot on the top on the outisde, I wish wasn’t there. And I know I could have done the ext better. The throat cut was big on the VJ, to work with the size. And I dug in and over cut the seat, I was rushed. No pics of that. haha

nice. probably the closest thing you’ll get to a vagina

the paint is for a guide coat right?

the first picture(s) do have the appropriate colors

LOL

why are you playing around wih 853 castings? I cant wait to toss mine in the scrap heap

hahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahaha

hahahahahaha

Nice work :tup:

Mind the forum this is posted in please.

PM’s and warnings handed out.

In picture 5, it looks like you were grinding on the valve seat… also, are finishing these up with a sanding drum or are you keeping them the way they are?

Any before and after flow bench results?

Not a paint, more of a machinist ink

fantastic idea.

I’d rather see dyno numbers than flow numbers. Or better yet, track results. I’ve never seen a flowbench run 10s. :tup:

It’s amazing to see a small amount of work go along way :tup: Great work John.

:word:

cam only? :gotme:

This car obv isn’t cam only with the headwork. Not sure what the comment means though. I just want to see real world results :slight_smile:

He thinks you referenced the fact Studderin ran 10s in some relation to the work he has done…

When his car is supposed to be stock heads/cam only.

Oh, he thinks I let John’s cat out of the bag and that he has reworked heads on his car? :lol: I think there are about 20 people who can vouch that they saw IN PERSON the stock/unported heads on his engine. But that doesn’t make for any fun winter-time drama, I guess.

Oh im not accusing him of :snky:. I always port stock heads in my spare time, put them on my car, make AFR power #'s and then take them off :tup: