New Truck? Maybe. Need opinions.

I picked up a 4runner to DD back in July and fucking love it. Its’ a tank, somewhat comfortable and stuppid realiable with ample cargo room. perfect DD for me :shrug:

But it’s purple!

My mother in law loves her Venza, it’s been comfy to ride in.

Nice to see someone not trying to justify their decisions with twisted logic rather than just admitting “want”. So, FJ = do not want. Granted all SUV’s are used 99% of the time as minivans for people who want the utility of a minivan but with a less lame image, but the FJ is just a little too blatant about it. Half doors on a vehicle that big? Blah. Unless you’re crawling over boulder, kayaking, and mountain biking every weekend, the 4runner is way nicer.

But it snows!
You need a truck or suv for the snow.

You need snow tires for snow, and some driving skill.

X…

I want an SUV. The last 5 vehicles I’ve owned have been SUV (excluding STI). If I have to drive Toyota, it’s going to be an SUV. All Toyota cars at this stage in the game are boring. Not to mention, I’m too young to drive an Avalon and I can’t drive a car that costs less than $20k. What would people think?!!?!!

Why’d you ask to help pick out a truck then?
SUV =/= Truck

Should have used pink sarcasm font…

What about stopping upgrading trucks all the time, sticking with one, and using the savings to buy something fun you don’t have to drive to work?

You should buy a Toyota that is fun to drive…LoL

Funny thing is my boss drives a Rav4, and I can count on one hand the people on this board that make the kind of money he does.

Get a Lexus, that’s Toyota

neither… But i think a VENZA with a nice wheel/stance combo would be hott

You know what everyone on here makes? Strange

You do realize that I take very little to no hit when changing vehicles, right? I mean, these are Toyotas, not GM product. :wink:

If you know you are going to trade or sell, its best to do it within the first year. I thought everyone knew this!

get a tundra and stop being a bitch with all these suv’s

Joe is right… and you spend too much time caring about getting a good deal instead of having something cool. All of these have no more appeal than an avalon to me unless I can get one for free to tow something cool.

I’ve worked on a few 4Runners and a few Rav4s (Not one FJ). From a reliability standpoint I would say that the 4Runner is very durable and has that Toyota ‘knack’ for being mechanically user friendly. I think this comes down to which do you prefer driving. I like the 4Runner. If I wasn’t stubborn in “needing” a pick-up I would likely be in a 4Runner.

Side note - I would never own a Rav4. They are a disposible SUV, IMO.

WIN.