New Truck? Maybe. Need opinions.

I currently drive a 2011 trail team FJ Cruiser. It has 5,000 miles on it. It’s okay. It looks like this:

I can buy a new 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail edition, black in color. Talk me out of getting rid of the FJ and picking up the 4Runner. Or don’t. :hs:

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/attachments/accessories/37549d1294198293-2011-trail-edition-nerf-bars-n-fab.jpg

For a couple thousand dollars, I can get into the 4runner. It’s a much nicer truck as far as creature comforts and drive ability. Sunroof, heated mirrors and wiper blades etc…

I’m pretty meh on both.
Fj sightlines were absurd and just wasn’t impressed with the 4runner.
So.
Neither?

If you’re not going to off road why are you buying real trucks? Get a Highlander, or RX 330. Murano or FX35/45. Car based SUV > truck based as long as you stay on road.

You seem like a foreign kinda guy but I loooove the body lines of the new Durango, esp the sport model.

I had a jammed up highlander when they first redesigned them. I can’t say I miss it enough. I guess I’m just trying new stuff out. Unfortunately, I’m kind of stuck with buying a Toyota based on my profession. Otherwise I’d buy an X5 and call it a day.

Stick with what you have IMO, especially if you have to buy Toyota. I’d even say go back to a STI if that was an option.

I like the limited trim better. And I am truly amazed at how well even the older sr5 4runners hold their value.

I really like the look of the new 4Runner. If you don’t mind a large vehicle, it’s got a great look. The one you posted is ugly, though.

I know you work at Basil Toyota, but does that really mean you have to drive a toyota? Obviously repping what you sell is solid, but I doubt that many people are paying attention to what car their dealer representatives are driving. I don’t know though.

i would pick a 4runner over a fj ANYDAY

but those running boards on that 4runner gotta go

I would rock this.

Rav4
http://cartheta.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Toyota-RAV4-3door-2003-31.jpg

Sorry, we are not all as poor as you.

:clap:

I like the FJ

I had the 2011 4runner in Grey. It didnt really make my standards and only lasted 8 months with be before I got something else. Overall I liked it but I thought the seats kinda sucked. Mine would inflate and deflate on its own.

I can understand not liking the Highlander. Like most Toyotas they’ve done everything possible to suck every ounce of fun out of driving. I test drove one before buying my Murano and while it didn’t do anything “wrong” it just came off as a complete a to b appliance.

How bout any of the FX models?

Anything but the fj would be good.

not sure what looks uglier between the aztek and fj. def. go with 4 runner!

Buy a civic and lift it. That’d be mad unique and gas savings will pay you back in spades over the guzzlers. LOL

Rav4 = FUUUUUUU