New Turbocharged V6 on the loose

k idk that elbow just looked pretty poor compared to everything else.

any reason you went non intercooled?

you should re clock that turbo and run an intercooler with the inlet outlet on the drivers side

what boost you running or plan to run

Picks of the rest of the car?

Looks nicely done :tup: to How much power is expected out of it? turbo size?

:tup: nice to see it all together, i know you’ve been itching to get it out forever!

i remember that turbo pgt you had for a few weeks was decently quick, a well sorted one should be pretty nice.

i do recall traction being an issue though :stuck_out_tongue:

from a roll my mr2 looked like it was standing still, from a dig to about 1/4 mark we were pretty even but you would have pulled buses @ the top end

Sweet.

X…

yea i’m willing to bet this one will move pretty good haha

To answer a few q’s…
I have an FMIC (project for an other day)
I’m running low boost…my stock compression is 9.2:1. The turbo is a Garret T3/T04E which will support up to 500hp. I plan to upgrade the stock ecu in the spring. I don’t really plan to push it a lot. The trannys are the weak link. Like RX3, I plan on becoming a 2 wheeled track whore:P

Looking great steve, car’s come a long way. good to see u and rick got that turbo in it

Thanks bro…

the stock cr on jspec 2.5 klze is 10.0:1

the kl03 is the stock probe engine and has 9.2:1 cr

I’m aware of this. It was easier to say Japanese spec but since you’re making it a point…the bottom end is a a klde and the heads + cams are
klze.

:thankyou:

i was stating it because you said it was a klze and then you said 9.2:1 no hard feelings

you are from buffalo right?

hot, I use to have a 93. ate 2 trannies before I got it and I took out the 3rd one. I always wanted that kit too.

Get a junkyard tranny, mazdaspeed revised LSD (weld it), and GTX gears. ull b all set. thats what im doing at least. Are you doing anything with the Intake Manifold? I hear mixed things about using VRIS with boost. I just got my megasquirt up and running a month ago. Night and day difference vs a safc or fmu. Lemme know if u if u need any help when you get around to installing yours.

Take another good look at the intake manifold in the picture :wink:

wow i totally missed that. nice!

I still have the video of boots vs 3kgt somewhere on my computer. Turbo probes are beast.