New Way to Void the GT-R's Warranty

http://jalopnik.com/5201918/2010-gt+r-warranty-voided-for-denying-nissan-access-to-your-black-box-data

So Nissan has found another way to Void the GT-R’s warranty, first the Launch Control and now this.

ghey, buy a used ferrari 360 insted.

they should be ashamed of themselves. “this is the one of the fastest cars in the world just don’t redline it or push it to hard”- nissan. the company is selling the ultimate POSER car. weak.

peace

Thats It! I’m buying a probe.

^^^^brap brap

probe ftw

This one was a particular gem:

[your warranty will be void if] “Racing, competitive driving of any sort and/or any use on a track or airstrip, or otherwise not operating or maintaining the vehicle as set out in the Owner’s Manual and Service and Maintenance Guide;”

Here’s a supercar, but if you attempt to use it like one, even in a safe, responsible environment, you void your warranty.

Fuckkit, if you can afford one, just do the same thing as any previous GTR, mod the fuck out of it and have a real Godzilla… Since you can’t even seem to drive it without voiding the warranty, you may as well slap some goodies on it while you’re busy driving it like a supercar should be…

haha thats what i said, why dump thousands of dollars on a car that you can only drive like a civic anyway? i could spend 1/10th the cost of the gtr on building up a civic or S13 and not be afraid of voiding any warranties lols

I realize they probably have to put stuff about racing in there for liability sake, but you would think that like a lot of other super cars, they’d be encouraging track time, and maybe offer some type of performance driving day to justify the exorbitant cost for a hamburger badge…

^^^^ you are talking about porsche, ferrari, bmw, benz and then ‘nissan’ in the same sentence. there is a price point for a reason.

peace

That is messed up…Nissan North America is homo I doubt japan has this…

check this out if you buy a ferrari 599xx or fxx and u can only track it as part of a development programme by ferrari itself only, not on any other tracks. i.e you pay ferrari well over a million to be their test driver.

see what you find when you’re bored at work with nobody to sell anything to? (i gave Soulitude the link for that article)

it’s like making a baseball bat out of glass. pretty, but utterly useless under ‘normal’ circumstances.

…Yeah and that price point is almost double anything else with a Nissan badge (not Infiniti), and as someone else said, it’s a glass baseball bat.

They wanna take on the supercar realm, they need to be prepared to step up properly, or stop pretending the GTR is something it’s not.

retarted. thats it period.

if you can afford the car buy another black box/computer put it in drive the shit out of it and put your original one back in when shit breaks …alot easier said then done i know! but hey anything is possible!

Ya this is not helping the skyline image. Especially when people are looking for any excuse to bash the Skyline.

If I had money I would not buy the GTR!!!

I was talking with one of the parts guy a midway Nissan, He said he had a customer come back complaining about warped routers on his new GTR. Apparently so the parts guy says. He voided his warranty on his brakes by taking off his stock rims. “The rims are designed to work with that break set up”
I first thought it was a bullshit excuse, But after reading all that… it seems possible.

this whole GTR thing is FAIL, but i find that hard to beleive.

peace