new wheels + vw + jdm yo'

I like that.

My VW girlfriend can probably beat you up, though.

whyyyyy

haha i kid i kid.

but instead doing what the whole vwvortex group wants.

the reason for stretched tires is that in germany, you’re not allowed to have tire contact patch (tread) stick out past your fenders. however this rule does not include wheel width. so germans tray and ‘cheat the system.’ americans mimic it.

as for staggered wheels on a fwd car, i have no f’ing clue where that comes from

edit: also, the sidewall height is a percentage of the tread width. so i mean if you wanted, you can get a 40 or 35 series tire and still have it be “low”

how low do you plan on dropping it?

too low…and like coldaccord said…sidewall is percentage of width…plenty of wide tires with short sidewalls

you driving + stretched tires + buffalo roads = those wheels are doomed

probably an inch lower than i was last season with the gli lip, which is gone now because it’s ugly as hell.

no they’re not.

I like the wheels, but don’t stretch the tires, looks like you could not afford the correct tires and got a deal on a smaller size. Also, wider wheels on the back of a FWD car is the dumbest trend to ever happen.

I had 275’s on my 9" wheels

nice spelling. VARY nice.

and you drive VWs so whats with the vw repair cost bash?

i never understood staggard wheels on a fwd car

Cant answer your question, but not all VW owners stretch their tires. I dont… :shrug:

Didn’t you have 225 and 205s on your civic at the same time?

Nice wheels.
Want to trade me front ends?
<3 teh JTI

staggard wheels not tires, my tires were on for a purpose. i didnt put 225s on the back of a fwd car.

i heart the jti too. i wouldn’t trade it for anything…other than an r32 bumper. you happen to have one?

No :frowning:
I Might get a Jetta front end considering majority of my front end got crushed via guardrail the other night :cry:

R32 front end on your car would be hot, but I think the JTI looks better on silver.

i think the look is nice, but being a car guy, and knowing your vdub is fwd, something just doesn’t look right.