new Wrangler Unlimited RUBICON.

my brother just ordered one of these.

Is it really worth over 30K for a new wrangler just because it has 4 doors?

4 door wranglers can blow me.

Depends. Is he a serious off roader? If not, is he a serious “I want people to think I’m a serious off roader”?

If still no then he’s wasting his money on an SUV that rides like it has cinder blocks for shocks.

Man talk aobut making a killing on the profit.

I wish i had gotten the 4dr JK instead of the Impala.

the 2 door rubicons were in the ballpark of 30k and those were worth it. a 4 door wrangler? jeep can blow me. ill never buy another one unless its a CJ or TJ

ive been trying to advise him against it.

but some people never learn.

he currently has a mustang GT. need i say more.

I HATE the way those look. (4-door wranglers that is.)

And WAY too many buy Wranglers and never even have them off-road except to wash them in the backyard.

Lame shit.

Well he got all back into the off road kick after renting a 2 door rubicon in moab utah.

i just dont understand because there isnt really that many places where you can do such things here in wny.

i like them. but they are definitely over priced/

Id personaly get the 2 door rubi, but i guess i dont have a family and kids so i have no need for a 4 door. The 4 door has a higher towing cap… up from 2000 to 3500.

both have stock LSD, lockers, electronic sway bar disco’s, 4-1 transfer low gear, D44 front and rear, stock 32" mudders

yea its a lot of money, but jeeps hold their value better then most other vehicles

i enjoy my commander.

I like 'em

Thats really the most important part. You got a stealin deal finding one with that low of miles, and not taking the initial hit that the first guy did.

4drs are ugly as fuck though. Buy a H3 :wink:

We recently purchased a vehicle for my wife, who refuses to have a chick car. She originally really wanted a Wrangler until we started shopping. For the same $25 grand, we ended up with an extended cab Silverado 4wd that gets the same gas mileage. Oh, and the new Wranglers all have a Minivan motor, and slightly modified Minivan transmission. Talk about pussifying a legend. I am seriously disappointed in the spirit of the new Wranglers, and the pricing is ridiculous. The freedom tops are cool.

^^^ yea i understand you got more of a TRUCK for 25 grand, but whats that chevy going to be worth in a few years?

a survey by cargurus.com showed that after 5 years/65k miles the average wrangler holds 73% of its value. I highly doubt you’ll ever see a 5 year old chevy pickup sell for 18250 when the origional price was 25000.

and in an offroading aspect the new jeeps are pretty bad ass. Dana 44 front and back, 6 speed trannys, beefy tie rods, 4 wheel disc brakes, better ground clearance then all others b4, can fit 32’s basicly stock. and TONS of upgrades over all that!

I don’t believe that the 3.8 liter jeeps will hold their value, like the inline 6 jeeps used to. Also, the auto (which we had to buy for my wife) is the worst transmission ever made.

Chevy trucks, similarly equipped to what we got are going for 17K with 5 years on them.

I’m not saying the Jeeps are bad, just overpriced.

Bottom line: It’s all about flavor.

An STi has 4 doors, and is close to 30K :wink: