Newer wrangler opinions....

So I’m thinking about getting a newer jeep wrangler. 07-12 range
2 door with a stick.
Probably throw 33s on it. Anyone know anything about them? Motor, tranny, etc?
I miss driving stick and I miss being up high and going off road.

The 3.6 is the motor you want according to all the 4x4 magazines Ive read.

ive been wanting a 4 door rubicon for awhile now. currently on the hunt for one with a blown motor so I can hemi swap it and put 40s on it. they are really hard to find with blown motors lol, I’ve been looking for a looooong time.

pjb is right, the 07-11 motor is gutless but the 12 has a lot more power. other than that they are awesome

http://my.project-jk.com/data/500/Jeep126.jpg

I think they’re bad ass. Idk if I can afford a 2012 or not. But ill keep my eyes open.

I have a friend who’s a dealer who has one. I’m gonna go test drive it. It’s automatic tho. Some people say they suck to drive all year. But I wanna try it out

How are they on gas milage? Anyone know

Dont settle for an auto if you want a stick.

Pick an issue or two of any offroad/4x4 magazine for articles on newer Wranglers. Seriously they cover these things to death.

personally I hate the 2 doors, 4 doors are the way to go

my buddies wife is on her second 07- up and they love them,I think she was getting 18mpg with a stick one with mostly back roads driving. get as new as you can afford, the interiors are nicer on the newer ones as well.

I used to like the 4 doors more, but the 2doors are growing on me A lot

18mpg is ok with me

How well do the soft tops hold in heat in the winter.

not very well, the freedom tops are the way to go, or aftermarket tops

Get a hardtop and buy an aftermarket soft top for the nicer weather months

I think the freedom/hard top is ugly as hell

Probably a good idea to get one tho…

looks a lot better than an oem ripped top and handles the snow too

Do they make a heavy duty soft top?

Buy a good parka and drive with the top and doors off all year round.

try www.besttop.com

I just rented 2 jeeps in aruba, one 2 door and one 4 door. I like how the 2 door manuevered but the 4 door looked way more badass I thought. Mileage on both was not bad although I didnt measure. I also miss offroad 4X4 fun, I kinda want one but not sure if its practical.

Aruba made me realize how badass a wrangler is… Love the 4 doors and actually would like to own one in the near future.

Did you take the jeep to the natural pool?

Haha, yep there and all over that park. Its so cool how open and free you are to do whatever there. Nobody seems to care.

So no one really has anything negative to say about them…

I went years back, there was no trails. I dunno how it is now but it was fucking serious taking it back there. We were the only ones that far off the beat and path besides the guy who sells drinks and 4 wheelers.

Ever since then, I’ve loved wranglers.