New Z06 and CTS-V

an even better value is the mustang cobra for 35000 over the new z06.

Not really, since it cant compete in the twisties.

with 20k in suspension and 20k in the motor it would

pointless argument - anything can be made fast, but money for performance the mustang cobra is by far the best deal

But we arent comparing what can be made to do what. We are comparing out of the box performance. If the Vette does what they say it will then it will be the best performance for the price, for stock factory cars. If we were going to compare what you can make fast I would say screw new cars, buy an old one and dump $60k into it.

If you wanted to see best performance value at any level I would say the SRT-4 would be #1. I was talking about Ferrari level performance though.

That’s an opinion often taken, but often proven false. Motor wise yes, you can easily reach and surpass the Z06’s power. But even w/ all the suspension mods. in the world you’re never going to make a Cobra handle as good as a C6 Z06 and retain a nice smooth ride and all interior amenities. The Cobra would need major weight reduction to stand a chance and some very stiff springs, and probably heim jointed suspension pieces… all taking away from the ride quality (which was already worse). And after all that you still have a $75k worm. The handicap of the compromised rear susp. design and antiquated chassis will never allow the Cobra to be true comp. for a C6 Z06 in all respects.

-TJ

uhh, the C6 Z06 and Ford GT have the same power to weight

that motor trend data you have is innacurate… theyre always innacurate

maybe so but they dont have the same price :bj:

Z06 is not going to be able to beat the Ford GT in performance. Theyll compete, but it wont win

…ok, but look at the difference it price. :hsugh:

yes, but look at the performance gap