new Z28 dead?

http://www.superchevy.com/features/camaro/sucp_0807w_2010_z28_camaro_cancellation/index.html

fuck hippies.

it’s been delayed at my work…

For such a limited # I guess it doesn’t seem to make much sense why they wouldn’t make the Z28. GT500’s were sold before they made it to the dealer and I bet these would be the same way.

No skin off my back.

X2

sucks, but i don’t blame them in the least

cool car, wrong time

i think the new camaro in general has no chance in todays market

Well its hard to say. There are alot of people with good jobs that still want nice muscle cars. It is pretty damned impressive imho.

During durability testing in Arizona this year, the car made 200 dragstrip passes, the slowest of which was a 12.40. Most of them were in the 12.0 range.

12s are slow, and straight-line power is easy to make.

very low12s arent bad for a stock 4000lb car.

You seen the prices for 05-06 GTO’s? I could sell mine today for nearly what I paid for it 2 years ago. Despite the nonsense panic you see in the news there are still people out there willing to spend a little more in gas for big HP.

I’m sure they could sell 5k of the 550 HP ones too. Probably a lot less to do with being PC and a lot more to do with the old GM rule of “thou shalt not infringe on Vette sales”.

Especially after National Corvette Day was passed in legislation.

:rolljerk:

lol

Honestly, people who make any amount of money can afford gas at 4-5 bucks a gallon.

They don’t give a shit.

Yeah, I cut back and drive an econobox, but that is by choice. I could still afford to put the 100 bucks a week into my old f150, but I don’t see the point in it.

:word: I have cut down on my casual driving around bullshit.

I’d buy one, i think they are cool, just dont think they will last. Exactly why they got dropped back in 02. :frowning: If i’m wrong then great! i’d love to see them scootin’ around, callegners, camaro’s, mustangs :tup:

I’m sure this is more political then it is economical.

They rolled out the ZR1 so that the vette is still king of the hill… when even the Caddy’s were closing in on Z06 territory. So i doubt that is a concern.

People will still buy 4000# F/R high powered cars. Look at the caddy’s, the bimmers, the chargers, etc. MPG is not so big a concern to those that would be in the market for a $40k “muscle” car.

Based on nostalgia alone you can bet GM would’ve sold at LEAST 1k units. Although I’m sure the real figures could’ve closed in on 3-4k - depending on price & performance marks.

But they need to save face with the lower end masses of american public.

It’s probably a good decision for the company overall… as they have bigger fish to fry.

I for one am going to be really bummed if GM doesn’t build the new Camaro. I hate those f**king Prius’ and all the other panty-waisted POSs these pussies are buying today!!! The gas situation is not due to shortages or usage by muscle cars, SUVs or P/Us. It is being created by Wall Street investors buying huge lots of petroleum in the hopes that the price goes up, and in doing so are creating a larger demand. And our talking head politicos sit on their asses and don’t do a thing. Drill the shit out of Alaska and give me my Camaro!!!

it’s just the drama llama. they’ll be a V8, I don’t even question it.