Newbie looking to get in the 240 game

Hello Everyone,
First time posting in here (i hope this threads get enough attention), but its finally time for me to get in the 240 world. I have been lurking around here for a year or so, researching, and saving my money. I am going to pose a question to all you, with my current scenario changing from what I planned I am kind of confused as to which route I should take: s13 or s14.
I have read a bunch of threads about this already, but I wanted to personalize it to my scenario.

I always planned on buying a project 240, but I just cant afford to keep two cars around. So I am planning on using my 240 as my DD. Rain, sleet, snow or shine I need it to get me to work and back. I am quite the handy backyard mechanic, but I ain’t a pro by any means. I was hoping to do a SR swap myself and learn as I go, but I just cant have a garage queen, so as much as it pains me I will have a buy a “pre-modded car”.

Reading through all the for sale threads and seeing the rot that’s so prevalent throughout all s13s really depresses me (I have a rust bucket at the moment). I would never be so naive to expect a clean 20 year old Canadian car, but I think there’s some imaginary limit I have in my head for structural rust. Also, the lack of ABS in most s13s is sort of a scary thought in 30 cm snow/ice.

Anyways quick must have list:

• DD (Canadian winters and summers)
  • clean-ish body
  • sr20 swap
  • my plan is to push close to 350-400 WHP during my future ownership.
  • plan on frequent track visits.

I have about 8 grand to spend, sort of flexible though.

SO s13 or s14 ?
TIA

don’t dooooo it!!!

flip a coin.

x2

Honestly, if your going to winter the car don’t bother, it won’t last. Winter beater or project car, gotta pick.

well this was disappointing… whatever, disregard my stupid question. 99% sure going s14 just because of the newer bodies.
only going to have to winter drive it for a single season.