NewEra's 2010 camaroSS (CAI testing w/dyno results/track times) now with headers

Mike installed American Racing Headers on his Camaro yesterday. It sounds great!
I’ll post the dyno gains later, but last night I saw a 12.6 @ 111 might have ran a 12.5 112. I’ll get the slips later.

Back to the track tonight. This time it was with the ARH long tube header system installed and tuned, I don’t have the dyno graph but it was 23-33 rwhp gain through and 28-35 rwtq throughout with tuning, these dyno numbers were compared from when it was dynoed the last time the car was dynoed which was a different day, so the comparison results may not be too consistant, but the track results were pretty good, and honestly could be better also. The D/A was about the same as last time, a few degrees cooler, but humidity was higher due to raining on and off throughout the night, and I was limited with passes due to this as well, I know I could have gotten a better time but it started raining so I couldn’t finish… Here is my best time:

60 foot - 1.907
1/8 - 8.18
mph - 88.00
1/4 - 12.60
mph - 111.5

So, I gained almost 4 tenths and about 3.5 mph (and trust me if it didn’t rain I know it had a 12.5 @ 112 in it, but whatever, I have to keep testing more mods so I don’t have time to go back and test this again). Again, no tire pressure adjustments, stock tires, no tricks, just bolt on the parts, tune it and go to the track.

Something to keep in mind here, the New Era OTR intake with ARH LT headers and a tune = 7-8 tenths and 7-8 mph in the 1/4 mile on an L99. Dyno numbers vary, they are a tuning tool, which is why I keep going to the track after each mod.

Stay tuned, more testing is coming…

wow glad to see some good numbers

thats a pretty sweet trap for just headers and CAI, cant wait to see where it goes from here

Some sounds clips with the headers, and stock mufflers (axle back)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkcp3thS3Uo&feature=related loud injectors like any gen4, without the intake cover, and engine cover over the injecotrs, and rail. But I think the 11 year old kodak shop camera picks it up alot more.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-N6x27dvjs&NR=1

out of curiosity, are stock mufflers restrictive or just heavy? More gains to be had there? Intake looks good.

I’m not trying to be an ass or anything but I can’t say I care for the exhaust note.

I think an aftermarket axle back is needed to make it sound better.

they’re not overly restrictive but they are heavy and more importantly look and sound like shit

You guys like the ARh headers or the Dynamaxx better? I called down there 2x and asked for mike and once got a he’s not in right now but will be later and 2nd time I left my # and and no return call.
You guys need a 6.2L Gas silverado for a guinea pig?I’m planning on Headers,cam,CAI and Tune which seems to be about 550hp crank.You guys could have a package"530-550hp for your truck for only $2,999!!!I’ll even let ya put a New Era sticker on it.
Derek