Newman's 1986 BMW 326rb build thread.

what will the wiring involve?

its seems like thats gonna be a bitch

[quote=“boardjnky4,post:841,topic:22123"”]

what will the wiring involve?

its seems like thats gonna be a bitch

[/quote]

I am very good at wiring, It’s just time consuming. I am rewiring the car from the ground up, with the exception of the engine harness, but really, there are very few things that are required. Lights, horn, wipers, fuel pump, gauges, starter… not much more…

are you taking out all the glass before you paint it?

[quote=“newman,post:842,topic:22123"”]

I am very good at wiring, It’s just time consuming. I am rewiring the car from the ground up, with the exception of the engine harness, but really, there are very few things that are required. Lights, horn, wipers, fuel pump, gauges, starter… not much more…

[/quote]

true so the nissan harness from motor to ecu stays pretty much intact?

are u gonna be keeping the bmw fuse panel? im interested in the specifics because its the one part of custom motor jobs that usually confuses me.

[quote=“boardjnky4,post:844,topic:22123"”]

true so the nissan harness from motor to ecu stays pretty much intact?

are u gonna be keeping the bmw fuse panel? im interested in the specifics because its the one part of custom motor jobs that usually confuses me.

[/quote]

i will either buy a new fuse panel or use a nissan one, the BMW one sucks ass. Wiring is not hard, just time consuming.

gotcha

i guess what i dont understand is wiring the ignition into the ecu and the ecu to the fuel pump…etc…

[quote=“newman,post:840,topic:22123"”]

yeah, i just made an appt for the cage. they said to bring it in on the 14th, and that it will take two weeks. So that means i have to finish the radiator, the tunnel and get the seats mounted by then. and hopefully also get the suspension fitted up. After the cage, it will go to jesse at blast off who will blast the underbody. After that, it is going to be painted, then I will need to do the final assembly on it. Which includes the huge task of rewiring the car. I am hoping that it will be done by the END of may, now, but that is pending on how much money i have. To be honest, I’m pretty close to my funding limit, so I might have to pull some strings to get it finished… Fortunately for me… raises come out in june.

[/quote]

Well i just wanted to make sure you staying on task…hahaha…I cant wait to see that thing rip…

Alright, First is some crappy pics of the exhaust. I couldn’t get on a lift today, so this will have to do for now… Matt (lowly oil burner) @ hybrid (hybridconnection.com) welded the whole thing (eviljay helped), the welds look wonderful. 100% stainless, with a stealth black stainless vibrant performance muffler. Yes, it’s pretty low, but the springs I got for the rear are stiff as hell, so i doubt there will be any issues with it bottoming out. My subaru exhaust is lower, anyway, and i have no problems with that…

Next, i mocked up the tunnel with cardboard. I will begin fabrication on this tomorrow…

:frowning: that exhaust looks nothing like a bmw’s. no slant,no dtm, not nothing. Its a sad day for bmw my friends.

looks nice. alot of finish work to come… (what seats are you using?)

how was evil jay on the welder? ask him if he’d weld my gas tank for me.

that exhaust is gonna be loud as fuck rofl

http://www.bakerprecision.com/dzus.htm

just a thought, maybe use those to secure the tranny tunnel for easy removal?

[quote=“Dex,post:851,topic:22123"”]

how was evil jay on the welder? ask him if he’d weld my gas tank for me.

[/quote]

only if theres gas inside.

looking good. that tranny tunnel is huge. is the dashboard gonna fit over that?

[quote=“turbociv,post:854,topic:22123"”]

only if theres gas inside.

[/quote]

obviously :roll2:

[quote=“turbociv,post:849,topic:22123"”]

that exhaust looks nothing like a bmw’s. no slant,no dtm, not nothing.

[/quote]

and thank god. i don’t care so much about about the slant, but dtm style tips are the gayest things ever.

Gotcha a wiring harness man!
nothing can stop this project now…

[quote=“tweety,post:858,topic:22123"”]

Gotcha a wiring harness man!
nothing can stop this project now…

[/quote]

SIQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

[quote=“newman,post:859,topic:22123"”]

SIQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

[/quote]

that’s not even remotely close to being phonetically correct.