Newman's 1986 BMW 326rb build thread.

No. I am going to seal it w/ por15 and paint it black. No need for undercoating if the car will rarely even see rain.

for the most part…

i heard the particular one shown in the pics there is a cross between a transmarobird and a C4 'Vette…just with sweet doors and a flux capacitor.

91MR2 = BALLIN!

Here are the brackets that i made to mount the car on the rotisserie. It’s a 4X4X.375 wall tube. I drilled holes and welded some nuts to the outside to lock it. The inside is shimmed so it appropriately matches the outside of the main rotisserie tube. Perpendicular is a 1 1/4 SCH40 pipe that inserts into the bumper shock holes.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ctnewman2/bracket.jpg

OK. The blaster was having some troubles with the wheel wells, so i came and ground out the heavy stuff so they can blast the rest off.

To get an idea of what the underbody looked like before it was blasted (i had already scraped a lot at this point):

YUCK!

Here is what it looked like when i showed up. You can still see that the wheel wells are more or less untouched:

PRETTY!

Then i used a wire wheel and a pistol grip sander to remove most of the rubber in the wheel wells. This shit was almost 1/8" thick in spots!!!

christ man, thats awesome. I bet that rotisserie made things a bit easier.

looks good mang. you try getting ahold of chokes?

btw screw your build, i think you should come help move mine along :stuck_out_tongue:

ya dude… this is taking FOREVER…

pay someone =)

lol, dont do that =) looks good :tup:

Yeah good choice to scrape and grind it off. That shit does not like to come off! I can’t wait to be done with this project, it’ll look great.

That must have taken a few minutes =X

I don’t miss that shit!

Looking good dude.

lookin good. Remember that POR-15 is undercoating tough but sunlight will discolor it big time. ALL of it should be painted over. Recommend you use POR-15 intermediate products to get a good paint bite into the cured rustproofing.

Now leave it outside or tow it around throught salt bath of buffalo and you have yourself a rat rod don would be be proud to buy. Think 53 chevy.

:zong:

On topic, this car will be damn nice when all done!

:tup: to progress

wow looks good bro :tup:

Shit… Can you get bored of this shell and sell it already?

I’ll certainly buy it… Awesome attention to detail

seam welded this bitch today…

reinforcements? back from blasting already?

ILI.

Nice work

those little welds will make a HUGE difference in the stiffness of the car. I welded it while it was at the blaster’s.

They are doing the wheelwells and the rest tomorrow.

Jesse (suzikiriderman) has been wonderfully accommodating.

Yes, yes they will. Seam welding FTW.

Nice work btw, hadn’t read thread in a while. :tup: