Newman's 1986 BMW 326rb build thread.

that will go right threw the fenders im sure :bloated:

kidding around, cant use my sarcastic voice by typing :frowning:

As for the new man you eating your own fart, that car will have been slow as a ball

LOL

hahahahah

axis of evil

newman, が彼自身の屁を食べて、おしっこおしっこのものをなめるのが好きで小さい少年たちで、彼の車も非常にゆっくりします!

No new pics. Just worked on bodywork… it’s getting there…

whoops

why would you cut up a mtech bumper like tht. haha just messin looks good.

last night i cut out the old fenders where they are covered up by the flares and used a nutsert tool to install #10-32 UNF threaded inserts into the car’s body.

http://www.getme-tools.co.uk/images/Teng/TTNR81.jpg

(i’m switching to standard hardware where ever i can because i can get it for next to nothing in stainless)

The car looks pretty funny with the factory flares cut off of the fenders. It’s like a custom NARROWBODY. I’ll snap some pics tonight…

i ran out of wire for my mig, but next up is welding up the seams where the rear fenders were cut, welding the sunroof in better, welding metal over the fuel door and welding the antenna hole closed…

meanwhile my body work friend has been plugging away at the molding shaving. It’s coming along great. The passenger side of the car is almost done!

wise choice on the nutserts. At least now it will be VERY easy to remove the flares if you need to.

Last night more time was spent on the body. First, some pics from what was done yesterday:

Front fender cut out with nutsert installed:

Rear fender cut out and nutserts installed. It’s hard to see but there is now a gap between the inner fender and the outer fender… This will need to be welded closed.

That was about all i got done yesterday… Here’s a a pair of different views, showing the NARROWBODY CONVERSION:

So then on to new stuff.

The first thing i did was to weld up the gap created by cutting out the rae fenders:

Next i laid down more weld on the sunroof… don’t want that to crack (only did half)

Then I welded up the hole where the fuel door was:

Meanwhile Xeon was doing his thing:

It’s getting a lot closer. Removing the moldings is really going to modernize the car, while still maintaining the boxy hotness!

WASSAAAA

the body work looks awesome!.

looking good man. cant wait to see it all painted n everything

I’ve never dealt with nutserts…looks like they go on just like a rivet and then you ground the head down to be flush with the surface of the fender???

who is spraying this car?

you don’t grind anything. the reason for the grind marks is just from when i cleaned up the hole.

the kid who is doing the bodywork

No shit…looks very clean! Seems like these would be a nice option for when firewalls and inner fenders get smoothed out, would be a nice way to bolt parts back in.

yeah, they work pretty well.

it sucks if they spin POST install though. You have to make sure you put them in well.

looks great christian.

let me know next time u need some more hands to sand.
id be more than willing to help out for a day or two to help speed it up.

are you going to reinstall all ur parts/then paint? or how you doing that?