News from a friend in Iraq

So a buddy of mine a month ago was sent to Irag as a firefighter. He’s been doing it for years, and got a great opportunity to spend a year over there with the troops. I dont know if it was all the free travel that got him to do it, or the tax free $80K for one year…maybe that too…but in any event, i just talked to him for a bit. it’s about 9:30 here, and he said it’s 5:30PM there, 8 hours ahead…

apparently last week was his first real call, where a few Iraqi soldiers got sucker punched with a random explosion…at first when he got there, limbs were laying around (fresh ones), people were screaming everywhere, and he saw the hugh/dieing soldiers with missing parts, some holding their own guts in, others with half their faces black/red/bleeding…lots of 2nd and 3rd degree burns…

some intense shit, he’s supposed to be sending me pics soon too, i’ll be sure to post them up when i get 'em. I have a feeling i’ll get a whole new respect (not that i dont already respect it) for people over there once i see these photos.

Also, when he first arrived there, days were 115 degrees, and nights were 100. now, days are about 105 and nights are near 90, which he claims feels cool to him now! that’s insane…i hate a night above 85 degrees…i dont get any sleep…but 100? wowzers…

i was always under the impression that it’s mad hot during the day, and equally as cold at night in the desert…guess i was way off on that one.

tell your friend good luck, and thanks

Hmmm $80k a year eh…I’m a firefighter…Id do that for $80K a year non taxed.

You have to actually pay to be a firefighter tho right?