Next spring...

e46 FTbandwagon, skip like the word.

Def. get the elise, much more fun car IMO, and WAY more unique.

[quote=“sedlmeier101,post:43,topic:32212"”]

To address the past posts.

I am 19. I do live at home. I get along with my parents VERY well.
I don’t mean to boast or anything, just setting facts. I make more money than a lot of other 19 year olds.
I am young and I want to have fun. I was considering purchasing a house next year, and just driving my truck.

But I soon realized that I am NOT the type to just settle down, I need something that is fun. I’ve always wanted a summer car (IE. the cars mentioned above) and I figure that this is a point in my life where I can afford to own one.
I do plan on moving out soon (within the next year) but not to buy, to rent.
My original plan was to purchase a house for around a $100K and fix it up and live there for a few years, but as I said before, I am young and just want to have fun and blow my money for a few years.
Sure, it is not a wise decision at all. I should be saving it for down the road. But as others have said before, you cannot drive,eat or wear money. You can do all that with what money buys though.

So I hope this sets everyone straight on this thread. I am NOT asking for financial advice from ANY of you. I am asking your opinion on these cars listed above.
There is much wiser things to do with 30 thousand dollars. I am picking a stupid but fun thing to do with it.
So if anyone else would like to tear me apart for my desicions. Please take it to off topic and leave the car comments here.

Back on Topic.

I’ve always wanted a m3. They have been my favorite car for quite some time.
The thing about the lotus that I like the most is its exotic look and stripped down attitude. I LOVE that about the car.
Everything in the car is function over form. It’s very minimal and that’s what I love.

The 350/g35. Eh, the more I think about it. They are under powered and overweight. And not the hottest car out there.

[/quote]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/zargon/10-1-0620jesus20weeping20okc20memor.jpg

I should have read more before replying

WTF

You’ve got a bike already,I thought they’re the ultimate fun machines? How can a car be more fun than a bike?

Try going skydiving,its a cheaper life changing experience than buying a 30k car that you’ll be sick of in a month.

do u sell drugs as your job?

[quote=“sureshot!,post:39,topic:32212"”]

No one is as wise at 19 as they are at 29.

It’s easy to say “dont buy a car stupid, invest it in ANYTHING else. Move out. Be an adult.” saying something like that makes sense.

No one is as wise at 29 as they are at 59.

Then, you could be saying “wow instead of trying to grow up so quickly, I wish I would have bought that car and had fun with my life before things like work and family took over”

[/quote]

So true!!

[quote=“newman,post:49,topic:32212"”]

take the 20 grand and spend it on education then. It will pay off faster and allow you to have WAY more fun in the future.

I don’t care what you do now, you will make way more with an education.

While what you make now might seem like a lot, typically, the pay scale for a degreed job increases at a much faster rate than a non-degree job. Trust me, i just got an awesome raise today.

[/quote]

That’s where a bunch of my $$ is going. My SON is going to Syracuse this fall. Glad I have a few toys already, cuzz I won’t be upgrading for a few years! I am not paying 100%, only what I can afford. He got a nice scholarship that helps a lot, and he’s paying / taking out loans for the rest. He loves cars too, but right now he’s driving a 96 Grand Am that he bought cheap, & we went through so he had semi reliable transportation. After he graduates, he will be making enough $$ to buy the car of his dreams, maybe a little left over for dear old Dad!!!

[quote=“Jon,post:21,topic:32212"”]

pancakes

[/quote]

X2

PANCAKES.

[quote=“psphinx81,post:64,topic:32212"”]

do u sell drugs as your job?

[/quote]

He races snowmobiles for a living…

Can the mods please lock this thread.

Seems as if no one can stay on automotive topic and they would rather talk about my financial decisions instead.
:picard:

BTW. I think I may go with an 02+ s2k.

Car-wise, s2000 is the best fit.

Elises are awesome, but I wouldn’t want one for a street cruiser.

As far as the financial aspect is concerned… they are just trying to help you make the best overall life choice.

its not that we are giving a crap about your financial situation, its we are trying to stop you from being a complete moron

Why does everybody care so much about this guys finances. Give your opinion on the cars and leave it at that. It’s not your money and you’re not his mom.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u106/iongravirei12/1179813647899.png

Elise all day…

[quote=“66impalass,post:38,topic:32212"”]

really…

EDIT: I forgot to ask, how much is your allowance??

[/quote]

hahaha… that made me :lolsign:

oh, and none of the above. buy a cheap older car for a toy and save your $$$

selling a bike huh… hit me up with the details.

where is the option for chevrolet vette … … ?

chevette?

find a certified honda and call it a day

i think the real question is:

AP1 or AP2