NHL Playoffs

wow, varlamov with a huuuuge save

lol there is a guy rocking a buffalo bison bottle cap sweater behind the pit bench

That save by Varlamov was one of the best saves…probably ever.

Holy shit.

so what did you guys think of the hudler hit? seems that there is alot of people who seem to think it was dirty, i thought it was just a huge clean hit. It wasn’t longer than a second after he passed the puck, no elbow etc.

im still shocked he saved that, hours later

Millers was better in the regular season when he dove across and smacked it out of the air with his goalie stick. That save was key though.

Seems kind of borderline, while I don’t think he deserved a suspension I don’t disagree with the penalty he received. I do find it funny that Anaheim of all teams were complaining of Detroit bumping their goalie when they spent the whole game wacking/bumping into Osgood.

Wow Luongo with a huge save

terrible game top to bottom… :picard: actually i take that back, ryan johnson played his heart out and blocked about 5 shots for nothing

2ot

o my god #8 two in a row wooooooooooooooow

Yay Ovechkin with the hat trick

Crosby with the hat trick too!

Pens lose. Yay!!

ugggggggggggggh

much better effort tonight :slight_smile: 3-1 canucks win

Wow Detroit just got screwed.

Can’t wait for the game tonite. Pens/Caps is the best series going right now.

And so starts the penguins crybaby antics

PITTSBURGH – There has been a lot of talk revolving around Alex Ovechkin’s stick in this series, and not only because of his Game 2 hat trick.

The Penguins have questioned whether Ovechkin is playing with a legal curve, but have not yet asked the referees to measure the curve.

When asked directly about Ovechkin’s stick, Penguins captain Sidney Crosby tried to be evasive, saying, "He’s got a big curve. I really don’t know. I don’t know curves well enough to know what’s illegal and what’s not.

“I don’t have to change my stick in the third period or anything like that,” No. 87 said. “I don’t have to worry about the curve. He’s got a big curve.”

Pittsburgh goalie Marc-Andre Fleury was more definitive Tuesday, saying he wouldn’t be surprised if the curve on Ovechkin’s stick blade went beyond the legal three-quarter of an inch limit.

For the record, Ovechkin has never been caught using an illegal stick. The Penguins’ complaints were news to Ovechkin.

“I didn’t even know about it,” Ovechkin said. “What can I say? Nothing.”

lol maybe they should worry more about scoring their own goals

While they did get screwed on that “no goal” at the end of the game, Anaheim got screwed when the refs were too busy watching Niedermeyer throw a borderline hook to see Holmstrom fucking elbow Wisniewski in the face. Good job, guys. Get that dirty hooking out of the game please!

Detroit ended up scoring on that PP, btw.