NHL Thread: No more Sweaters :(

espn

“the NHL and Reebok unveiled the new uniform system that will be make its debut at the NHL All-Star game this week – and for all 30 teams next season.”

they arnt as bad as i thought they were going to be…i’m still not a fan of changing them but if they are going to do it, its alot better than what i imagined them to be.

If those are the all star jerseys… ICK!!

sweaters > jersey. it is a sense of accomplishment to put a sweater on for a team when you make it. as kids you always wore a jersey but the pros wore sweaters

i hate that the nhl keeps changing so many things every year…whats wrong with a lil tradition :frowning:

Remember when they introduced that new fangled puck about 10 years ago?

he got in the eastern jerseys at work about a week ago, i dont really like the white and red look

“Though there was no official NHL puck until the 1990-1991 season, the basic construction from the early 1900s remained the same.”

:wink:

I think he means the FoxTrax bullshit. The glowing thing.

The only time i actually liked that was when it was along the closer boards on tv and you sould see through the crowd and the boards wher the puck actually was. the streaking thing was really dumb.

Oh yeah and the streak that came off the back on a hard slapshot…hahaha

Fox was trying to make it easier for the casual fan to follow the puck as that is a common complaint about televised games. I wish the NHL was still on Fox but evidently the experiment didn’t work.

I don’t see why everybody is bitching.

Its basically a dri-fit style jersey that helps keep the players dry and cool when playing.

I was just at the hockey hall of fame, looking at the old jerseys.

Thing looks like an LL bean sweater.

Modern players don’t want to wear that shit.

its not just hte material/fit, they “say” they are doing away with horizontal stripes as well. horizontal stripes are what makes a hockey jersey to me :gotme:

the streaking puck was nice in some situations (like when there is a clusterfuck in front of the net)… but yeah, other than that… it was pretty cheesy

I liked it only because it told me how fast LaFontaine was unloading on Brodeur :smiley: An embedded chip would be able to tell you if it was across a goal’s plane or not.

So far as the jerseys go, give 'em a shot, the players will let you know if it works or not. Kind of like the “nu-ball” in the NBA :roll: