New Sabres Jerseys and other new jerseys too

Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:36 pm EDT
Preds, Sabres, Jackets among 11 changing jerseys next season

By Greg Wyshynski

Icethetics, the go-to source for NHL jersey news, posted its first JerseyWatch 2010 report today with news that Reebok will produce new sweaters for 11 teams next season – some third jerseys, some new home/away jerseys.
http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nhl_experts__58/ept_sports_nhl_experts-70135377-1269459188.jpg?ym0z_3CD9G9e_EvH
Above is mockup from Icethetics of the Buffalo Sabres’ potential new third jersey next season, as the Buffaslug dies its overdue death and the current alternate sweater becomes the new home jersey (a white version will become the new roadie). This is an “estimation” of what’s been leaked about the Sabres sweater, which may only be used for the team’s 40th anniversary season.
Icethetics reports that the Anaheim Ducks, Buffalo Sabres, Calgary Flames, Columbus Blue Jackets, Dallas Stars, Nashville Predators, New York Islanders, New York Rangers, Philadelphia Flyers, Pittsburgh Penguins and Toronto Maple Leafs are all altering their wardrobe in one way or another next season. Read Icethetics for the full report, but here are a few pullouts:
Columbus: Following up on a Dispatch report, the blog writes that the new Blue Jackets’ third jersey will feature the cannon used in the team’s alternate logo and obnoxiously inside the arena.
Nashville: Gone are the blue and orange, as Icethetics reports that “the Predators will turn the alternate jersey they launched this season into their new home sweater. The road sweater is listed as TBD but a safe assumption is that it will be a light version of the new dark jersey.” That’s change we can believe in.
Pittsburgh: Icethetics confirmed via Reebok that the powder blue third jerseys are done after this season; and while they haven’t confirmed anything with the manufacturer, “it’s probably a safe bet that the Pens will dig into their past once again for this sweater - likely going with one of the darker blue options.”
Great stuff for gearheads, and definitely check out the intrigue and outrage over the Rangers’ third jerseys for 2010-11.
Related: Anaheim Ducks, Buffalo Sabres, Calgary Flames, Columbus Blue Jackets, Dallas Stars, Nashville Predators, New York Islanders, New York Rangers, Philadelphia Flyers,

website: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Preds-Sabres-Jackets-among-11-changing-jerseys?urn=nhl,229994

I really like that for a third jersey, hope it goes into production.

Yeah def agree about the third jersey. Love how they spell out Buffalo on it. I knew they would use the current third jerseys as their main one but it was just a matter of time. Can’t wait to see what it will look like in white.

ehhh i hope not…kinda really old school

Thats the point…

Do not like.

i love how this team spends money of new jerseys every 2 season but when it comes to getting good players they get a back seat

well if players cost as much as Jersey we’d have ovechkin, crosby, malkin, etc. etc.

I guarantee they make a hell of a lot more money than they spend when they change jerseys.

They probably don’t even pay that much to change jerseys. Its just paying the right people to design them.

Yup, probably costs almost nothing. It’s not like your High School football team who wears the same jerseys for 10 years straight…