Sabres and Penguins going to throwbacks for Ice Bowl

This is sweet, we should be wearing the jerseys all season long though.

SABRES AND PENGUINS TO SPORT RETRO LOOK OUTDOORS
Buffalo Sabres
Nov 9, 2007, 10:33 AM EST

http://cdn.nhl.com/sabres/images/upload/2007/11/winterjersey-11807.jpgPhoto: Sabres.com

The National Hockey League (NHL) today announced the Buffalo Sabres and Pittsburgh Penguins will wear vintage jerseys during the AMP Energy NHL Winter Classic, the League’s first regular-season outdoor game in the United States.

Buffalo will wear the white version of the jersey worn by the club from 1978-79 through 1995-96, which features the familiar circular logo of the charging buffalo over crossed sabers. Pittsburgh will return to the powder blue version worn from 1968-69 through 1972-73. This marks the first time the Penguins will wear powder blue since switching to black and gold in 1980. Both jerseys will be made of Rbk EDGE performance materials.

“The Amp Energy NHL Winter Classic is a great celebration of hockey returning to its origins,” said Brian Jennings, Executive Vice President Marketing, NHL. “Wearing vintage jerseys for this historic event is a unique way to pay tribute to years past while acknowledging the rich history of the NHL and its clubs.”

“The Penguins are proud to honor our history and heritage in this unique Winter Classic game,” said Pittsburgh Penguins team President David Morehouse. “We think it will be a great opportunity for our young players such as Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin to wear these blue uniforms and establish a link with our teams of the 1960s and 70s.”

“Wearing the classic white jersey is the perfect fit for a classic outdoor game,” said Buffalo Sabres Managing Partner, Larry Quinn. “Our future retro jersey will be the dark blue sweater, so this maybe one of the last times our team wears this jersey. One more historic footnote to the game.”

full story:
http://sabres.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=342768

suprised you care… bandwagon jumper!
i kid, i kid. (sorta)

Im excited.

Do you think they will open up the parking lot for RV owners like they do at the bills game?

[quote=“LAFENGAS,post:2,topic:38464"”]

suprised you care… bandwagon jumper!

i kid, i kid. (sorta)

[/quote]

Give it a rest, I was the 5% of people in buffalo who watched hockey before the lockout. I didnt jump on the bangwagon when they made the two playoff runs like the gabillion other people in WNY who did and now claim to be real fans.

Just saw the I kid thing, no hard feelings, im a true fan unlike some people, I just have a pesimisstic view of doomed buffalo sports.

it doesn’t matter anyway…they aren’t going to make it to the playoffs this year anyway, and lindy ruff will be hung, HSBC burnt to the ground, and all of the sabres that aren’t injured will be sold as slaves…and the injured ones will be used for dog food…

that’s what happens when you lose a few games early in the season ya know…

i cant find what the pens are wearing :frowning:

not sure if this is it…

but maybe??

this is the 1968 throwback road jersey

http://www.distantreplays.com/distant/assets/product_images/PAAAAANOAGHALHAL.jpg

ughhhh, so hot

http://nhl.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p4174071reg.jpg

i think this is the jersey that pitts will be wearing. not as bad as skunks, but still pretty ugly.
http://nhl.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p4173986reg.jpg

The old-school white pwns. Damn that is a good looking jersey. :tup:

ide rock either of them. the pens should wear the origonal(sp?) logo they have now.

http://www.pittsburghhockey.net/PensPages/PensJerseyHistory/Pensjerseyimages/91Road.jpg

I hope they don’t wear those ugly ass blue jerseys. I don’t want to see them come in and out of the tunnel with them. My eyes will bug out by the end of the day. I won’t mind looking at those sexy white uniforms though. Good throwbacks are the shit!

drool/ over the old blue and gold circular sweater!

Everyone needs to get a life. Hockey is not the only thing happening in Buffalo. It sickens me to see how people that know NOTHING about sports (ie: sweaty fat fucks that have never played sports in real life, and the dumb cunts that wear “pink” sabres apparrel, and cheer for the “hot” players), get so into hockey, and try to live vicariously through professional athletes. God, it’s just so sad. Get a life, and move on.

Not singling out anyone here, but man, last year annoyed the dick all out of me. So many clueless “fans” out there, it made me so happy to see them so dejected when they finally lost.

I think I’m going to go out and buy up all the Ottowa merch. in Buffalo.

[quote=“91MR2,post:13,topic:38464"”]

Everyone needs to get a life. Hockey is not the only thing happening in Buffalo. It sickens me to see how people that know NOTHING about sports (ie: sweaty fat fucks that have never played sports in real life, and the dumb cunts that wear “pink” sabres apparrel, and cheer for the “hot” players), get so into hockey, and try to live vicariously through professional athletes. God, it’s just so sad. Get a life, and move on.

Not singling out anyone here, but man, last year annoyed the dick all out of me. So many clueless “fans” out there, it made me so happy to see them so dejected when they finally lost.

[/quote]

You’re just jealous

[quote=“Gus,post:14,topic:38464"”]

You’re just jealous

[/quote]

Of?

dumb cunts that wear “pink” sabres apparrel, and cheer for the “hot” players).

[/quote]

I was watching a game last year with my buddy and his girlfriend and she started cheering and yelling at a instant replay during the game.

[/quote]

:clap: I don’t like hockey at all. If it weren’t for bandwagon fans, the Sabres wouldn’t have most of their fans. The pink stuff though is for breast cancer if i’m not mistaken. I know that is what the proceeds go to for us at the Bills organization.

so glad they are going with the white jerseys this time, always was a fan of those :tup:

Ive been following the sabres since I started playing hockey when i was 4, and never stopped.

[/quote]

If it’s what we are interested in and makes us happy, then why do you give a shit?