Sabres and Penguins going to throwbacks for Ice Bowl

[quote=“Pass McGrass,post:20,topic:38464"”]

If it’s what we are interested in and makes us happy, then why do you give a shit?

[/quote]

I think he is saying he hates people that claim they are fans when in actuality they are just cheering for a team to fit in and be “cool”. He does make a valid point. There are a ton of Sabres fans out of nowhere.

[quote=“nappy1380,post:21,topic:38464"”]

I think he is saying he hates people that claim they are fans when in actuality they are just cheering for a team to fit in and be “cool”. He does make a valid point. There are a ton of Sabres fans out of nowhere.

[/quote]

Yes, that was my point, thank you.

joe your just mad because your a raiders fan :slight_smile:

[quote=“91MR2,post:22,topic:38464"”]

Yes, that was my point, thank you.

[/quote]

:hay:

For a city that doesn’t have a lot of good things going for it, the sabres were something to be proud of. yeah there were a lot of bandwagon fans and I was annoyed at first, but whatever. It’s good to see the city excited about something and business’ benefiting from it. It does suck that I can’t get tickets for games like I used to year back, but at least I know my team isn’t going anywhere. That being said:

I can’t wait to see the game on the first. Both jerseys are hot.

[quote=“91MR2,post:13,topic:38464"”]

Everyone needs to get a life. Hockey is not the only thing happening in Buffalo

[/quote]

what else is there that people as a mass can become enthralled about and celebrate anywhere and anyplace in the city in Buffalo? the art gallery? allentown?

i hate the bandwagoneers too and all ONLY because it makes it harder to get tickets, but i really don’t mind being able to see an entire city unite around a team. do you hate football and the bills too? b/c when we went to four superbowls in a row, everyone in buffalo had bills shit on and did nothing but talk about the bills…back then football was everything in buffalo. now hockey seems to be since they are (were lol) winning…

^^^
Bills fans > Sabres fans

The Bills have a large following no matter how much they win or lose. For example, we had the most season ticket sales this year since the Super Bowl years. This team hasn’t done anything exceptional to create that. They just have dedicated fans who are fans no matter what.

This will always be a football following town if they win or lose. Hockey is a fad in Buffalo.

[quote=“nappy1380,post:27,topic:38464"”]

^^^
Bills fans > Sabres fans

The Bills have a large following no matter how much they win or lose. For example, we had the most season ticket sales this year since the Super Bowl years. This team hasn’t done anything exceptional to create that. They just have dedicated fans who are fans no matter what.

This will always be a football following town if they win or lose. Hockey is a fad in Buffalo.

[/quote]

Honestly, I think most people go to the games for the partying. Why else would anyone waste their entire day to watch a team go 8-8 or worse every year?

Most Bills fans don’t know shit about the team.

[quote=“Pass McGrass,post:28,topic:38464"”]

Honestly, I think most people go to the games for the partying. Why else would anyone waste their entire day to watch a team go 8-8 or worse every year?

Most Bills fans don’t know shit about the team.

[/quote]

:word:
and it’s a lot easier to sell tickets for 8 games on a Sunday then it is for 41 games distributed throughout the week.

And at least from my experience, most people who used to be Bills fans don’t give a crap anymore. I could always get people to come over and watch the sabres games. Not so much for the Bills.

Either way, both sports have bandwagon fans. Could be worse though. We could be like the New Jersey Devils and not sell tickets or get excited even if we’re doing well.