NHRA rule revisions for sport compact street classes

SPORT FWD

Minimum weights
4 cyl (1 power adder) 2400
4 cyl (2 power adder) 2500

Engine
Intercooler must be air to air only.

Turbocharger
Restricted to a single turbocharger. All turbochargers must utilize a standard T04 frame, T04 flange and T04 turbine housing, or smaller. All engines limited to maximum 72 mm turbo, where the maximum compressor housing inducer diameter is 73.85 mm, measured at the point where the leading edge of the compressor wheel meets the housing. Compressor wheel inducer diameter not to exceed this value, and contours of wheel and housing must be ‘unstepped,’ i.e. the contours must be continuous features from the inducer to the wheel exducer.

Transmission
Transmission must be OEM for engine used.

Tires
DOT or racing slicks permitted with a maximum width of 9.0 inches and maximum height of 25.0 inches. Retreads, space saver spares, or any other non-DOT approved tire prohibited.

Electrical system
OEM 12 volt system mandatory. 16 volt batteries/electrical system prohibited.

SPORT RWD

Minimum weights
4 cyl RWD (1 power adder) 2600 pounds
4 cyl RWD (2 power adders) 2700 pounds
4 cyl AWD (1 power adder) 3000 pounds
4 cyl AWD (2 power adders) 3100 pounds
2 rotor RWD (1 power adder) 2600 pounds
2 rotor RWD (2 power adders) 2700 pounds
6 cyl RWD or AWD (1 power adder) 3500 pounds
6 cyl RWD or AWD (2 power adders) 3650 pounds

Engine
Intercooler must be air to air only.

Transmission
Transmission must be from same manufacturer, no crossbreeding; i.e. Mazda/Ford, Toyota/GM, etc.

Rearend
OEM rearend mandatory.

Electrical
OEM 12 volt system mandatory. 16 volt batteries/electrical system prohibited.

STREET STOCK
A new Sportsman level, heads up class for All Motor, street legal cars. Basically a Sport FWD class with no power adders and no slicks.

Designed for full-bodied, street legal cars with full exhaust and interior. Valid DOT registration and license plates mandatory.
4 cyl or 6 cyl FWD platform only. AWD, RWD prohibited.
Minimum weight 4 cylinder = 2,350 pounds, maximum displacement 2.4 liter
Minimum weight 6 cylinder = 2,650 pounds, maximum displacement 2.8 liter
Naturally aspirated only. Power adders of any kind prohibited. Single throttle body only. Dry sumps, vacuum pumps, prohibited.
Engine swap permitted, engine must be from same manufacturer as body. Transmission must be OEM for engine used. OEM engine mounting points mandatory. Maximum displacement 2.8 liters.
DOT approved radial tires, front and rear, mandatory. All tires must be warranted or recommended for HWY or Street use. Rear “skinnies” prohibited. Maximum drive tire diameter 25". Maximum drive tire width 225.
Wheels must be DOT approved. Off-road wheels prohibited. Spindle mounts prohibited.
Complete interior, including dashboard, door panels, headliner, etc. mandatory. Two matching, upholstered front seats mandatory. Rear seat may be removed but all other upholstery and panels must remain in place. All factory controls must be retained and operative; i.e. lights, signals, horn, windows and wipers. Aftermarket front seats permitted, but must be fully upholstered.
Complete, OEM body structure mandatory, including floorpan, firewall, strut towers, wheel houses, etc. Lightweight body panels limited to hood and hatch or deck lid. Modifications to wheel openings prohibited. Must retain OEM glass.
Complete, operative OEM suspension mandatory front and rear. Bolt -on traction devices permitted. Control arms, strut mounting points, etc, must be OEM, front and rear. Aftermarket springs and struts, including coil overs, permitted, but must utilize original OEM mounting points.

personally I think 3500lbs for sport RWD is rediculous for a 6 cylinder powered car

and how are the CRX’s even goin to make weight in sport FWD?

i think there trying to slow cars down for safety resons!welcome to are world!

they obviously are but they have to realize there are more than supras runnin in sport RWD…example would be jays car if he had a RB25 or 26 he would have to get weight to 3500lbs and his car weighes 2600 with the SR20 swap

as for the sport FWD’s slowing them down is one thing but at least make it stock weight instead of some crazy #…my car stock weighes 2600lbs so I am only 200 over min weight in the class so how will hatches and CRX’s make weight

also the street tire all motor class weights are stupid too those cars will be lucky to get into 12’s on radials carrying 2350lbs

wow ,that just aint right!

but like you said they haven’t done their research for years with you guys so why would they do it for us?

yay lets force the kiddies to go play on the street…

oh well, you wont see my car at the track anymore

Im gonna be fucked my hatch doesent isnt that heavy i have more then one throttle body, and fal windows

damnit

i think it evens the field out in turbo 4. as you have cars now who can get to 1600lbs. having that minimum weight of 2400lbs means lighter cars take on balast, and newer heavier cars can shed some weight w/o paying out the ass for carbon fiber this and that. More or less, this opens the classup for more peopel to race and have a chance. Dont bother me at all, as i will weigh in around 2400 lbs, and will have 2 power adders-- nos and turbo.

yeah sailor but in that class you can’t have a bunch of carbon stuff…I think just a hood nothing else. you must also retain full carpet. 2 seats etc. in NDRA you need to retain factory rear seating too

retain it, yeah… but keep it stock??? ways around it…

I dunno they are cracking down this year