Niagara Dragstrip, or what's left of it :(

Thats weird, someone was just talking to me about this place. Never knew it existed. I’ll definitely have to go check it out sometime.

Onefst240:
Why would they make a 1/4 mile strip around Syracuse where there is already ESTA right there in cicero???

:word:

Real shame is that they are killing the chance to bring people from another area that normally wouldn’t go to N. Falls.

People go race, and then spend money at restaurants, ect. in the immediate vicinity.

local.live.com has some great images of it, and the base.

http://local.live.com/?v=2&sp=Point.r5k17w8dkf0c_West%20End%20of%20Track___&encType=1

Click on the bird’s eye view (little city icon).

You can also see how close you’re getting to the air base fence, so trespass at your own risk.

What a buncho babies…stupid reason not to have fun…

I’d love to see what it used to look like.

Does this sound like a NYSPEEDWAY!!! That would be fuckin awsome it doesnt look like anyone lives around there…Lets make this into a poll
To Revive or Let it Die

mistroman!!! why did you open a pizzeria when u can open a racetrack!!! dam lol

:lol: Yeah, an NYSPEED poll will convince those NF politicians.

Besides, with it’s close proximity to the airbase, no way that strip will ever live again, even if the civilian neighbors weren’t an issues.

Wow, there were a lot of people there the day those photos were taken.

Wow, that place was amazing

I think it’s interesting how fast nature reclaims land that has been altered by humans. Think of how fast everything would errode if humans stopped maintaining things, espectially in this climate.

Damn shame, that looks like a hoppin place circa 1975.

What will it take, will wny ever see a 1/4 mile track, I dont think one could stand alone but if Lancaster was to close or even re-open somewhere else as a 1/4 mile, it could prove to be lucrative.

wow…it really is too bad. That looks neat

I can see building a racetrack being a hard time. Unless its completely in the middle of no where, people will bitch about, traffic, noise, and pollutants.

lets list some benefits of a racetrack so maybe we can presuade the NF politicians lol

That shit looks like it was bumpin which i was born to see it hahah!

Your best best would be to find somewhere already very loud and polluted. Large industrial zoned areas, near major airports etc. Buffalo airport is way too residential though, and constantly fighting with sound issues, and there really isn’t any large scale industry in WNY.

You will never get a race track built now a days…and you def won’t get it done in the WNY area…

Not even worth debating and or looking into…

Not to mention the start up money + insurance money to open a track…

yea it hard to find a place within 30min of here taht is will allow us to open a drag strip. :frowning:

They have already tried along the waterfront and where Bethlehem Steel is. Not going to have much luck getting a 1/4 mile in Buffalo. People like Dean Johnson that ran Niagara were pushing it big time and they even had some $$$ backers. Not to completely rule it out, but I’m sure some city with wide open space would possibly allow it.

Wow, great pictures!!!