NickAlero's 91 Galant VR4

Hyoumid

You mad?

kid goes HAM

No as in I clamped both ends of the entire system and air pissed out of a coupler :lol

So I got 2 of my t-bolt clamps on the pipes today, back at 10psi on the 2 step and making 16psi constantly. I’ll take a 4psi loss to humidity. Car will be out Wednesday on full wick.

4psi loss just due to humidty? is that normal?

Nicka: what you runnin on full wick brah?
B-ri: stock block civic tubz 4psi
Nicka: todays madd humid
B-ri: ffffffffuuuuuuu

Turn the boost up to 22psi… It’ll take it no prob dude. Stop being such a bitch!

• rep if possible. Those motors can take abuse.

it will still over work the turbo. the 20 psi is your goal.it is all most like back pressure. or its the whole system, from the turbo to the intake valve.

the car you could break boost it in 2 gear at 2700 rpm and have 20 psi.

I know, I’ve done it quite a bit :lol

I was losing 2lbs when it started getting hot the first time, I would believe 4. Its not a big turbo, not too hard to heatsoak. Humidity is water in the air, so the turbo will hate trying to compress all the water in the air and make less power. I knew it was a boost leak before because the car was idling a little different/randomly, but now that everything other than top end boost is back in order, its def humidity.

Pete, if the car has no leaks tomorrow, wick is going up so that I hit 21psi by the end of the night. Or I may get this nice EBC I’ve been looking at…

IDK im not a turbo guru but I never saw any sort of loss in boost from a hot humid day to a cool night other then the fact that my cheap intercooler hated life on a humid day

Nick…you overthink everything haha

Heatsoak LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Lol yes another one of these excuses. I don’t understand how you have such a hard time with boost leaks. Also I think your thinking alittle too hard about this water in air thing. it doesn’t have to be this complicated.

turn up the boost and see what shakes loose.

you deff are overthinking just about everything. don’t get an EBC… get a nice hallmann

maybe one day you will reach brute status

BRUTES DON’T HEATSOAK!

ya do realize as air is commpressed water is or " humidity" is expelled from it right ? im a dropout and now that ya tard lol . its not the humidity causing your problems its the wingnut behind the wheel is loose . tighten that up and u will be fine

my car never lost boost when it was humid. its not a blower man. turbos will make the boost bc a wastegate regulates it. 4 psi on a humid day??? cmon

I lol’ed

There are a few similar threads on evom and gvr4…people losing anywhere from 4-10psi based on humidity.

The car would previously make 20lbs in 1st, since water is expelled from the air as its compressed, if the car has more time to compress the air, I should hit 20psi, right? car is spiking 19 in 3rd (long gear, lots of time to make boost). On top of that I actually tested it, and am 100% sure its not a boost leak at this point.