niiiice .... APS's TT F-Body kit

[quote=“355firebird,post:20,topic:25401"”]

That would have to be a huge bitch to work on period. I think you can make more power N/A for the price of the turbo kit alone. A new bottom end, heads, intake, and juice would cost that much. Could make 700+ for the price of that kit.

[/quote]

its not always about having the fastest, and best bang for buck setup. i say it all the time, if i was worried about running a good number, id go with a big cube, big nitrous setup.

my preference, along with other turbo guys is to have a really fast setup while retaining stock-like ride and manners. not to mention, you get more than 2 mpg, THE POWER IS ALWAYS THERE, you never need to REFILL YOUR POWER, the POWER NEVER RUNS OUT…hehehe, anyways…thats why. the main thing is that boooooossttt is funnn

not dogging a built n/a / nitrous setup. its defenitely something id like to have someday. i think they are quite cool

Having used and installed APS turbo kits on a couple cars I will say that their parts are quality. They are one of the few manufacturers that actually make comprehensive kits that are true to the bolt on fashion. No stone left unturned.

545/489? i know of a single rear mount gto makin more power than that on the sts kit? and its wierd because his tq>hp were this is the other way around. So why twin over single turbo?? The sts kit im talkin about makes full boost fairly low in his rpm band.

power doesnt mean its necessarily fast. having had both, im the prime example

so why did you ditch the rear mount?

it was sloppy… shit was always breaking/blowing off/ hanging low etc etc.

i just wanted a clean, solid, better performing setup. i wanted to step up the power, while having the car just nice, clean, and neat. i wanted normal exhaust coming out the back…

etc etc

with the sts, it just looked like i slapped a turbo where i could fit it cuz i was too lazy to do it right. the car looked hacked and disoriented… i wanted to get away from that.

dont get me wrong, i still had fun with it, but i didnt want to keep dumping money into something when i wanted something else

[quote=“Slopoke,post:25,topic:25401"”]

so why did you ditch the rear mount?

[/quote]

:rofl::wink:

and i saw that pic ^^^^

:lol:

[quote=“Slopoke,post:23,topic:25401"”]

545/489? i know of a single rear mount gto makin more power than that on the sts kit? and its wierd because his tq>hp were this is the other way around. So why twin over single turbo?? The sts kit im talkin about makes full boost fairly low in his rpm band.

[/quote]

That twin turbo kit is on a stock ls1

your freinds rear mount is on a built 6.0L

its not built just has a z06 cam which isnt that big… stock heads on 6.1 iron block, believe its on stock compression too but not possitive

i believe he was running 8-10 lbs of boost if you’re talking about hydrostream6. these guys were probably running 5-7. regardless, it doesnt really matter, all dynos read different, and its only a number. its how they perform is what really matters.

the APS TT GTO kit makes me want to get a 6L GTO…i think its a great looking kit

That’s a very good looking kit, but I think I’m still leaning toward L92 heads, L76 intake, cam, CIA and exhaust when my warranty runs out. Should get me around 500 reliable horses to the wheels which is enough for a DD. Some people are starting to figure out that setup on various LSx boards, and by the time I run out of warranty it should be a matter of selecting the parts from what is known to work and putting it together.

[quote=“SoloIIscoob,post:6,topic:25401"”]

that price isnt even that bad for going from n/A to turbo. you guys should see the prices ive been checking out for SINGLE turbo kits for the s2000

[/quote]

contact turbojesse on honda-tech, he owns AFI (Arizona Forced Induction) and before that was the head welder over at Peak Boost. he has amazing stuff which i know because i have his stuff. he just did a few s2k set ups and probably build you one for a real good price