ZPI Stage 1 Turbo

http://www.zeropointindustries.net/store/product_info.php?cPath=23_28_40&products_id=36

Basically:

Stage 1 Turbo Kit

• 300whp 9-10 psi (150% increase)
  • EVO III GT Big 16g
  • Tial Wastegate (color of choice)
  • Tial BOV (color of choice)
  • Stainless Intercooler piping
  • Precision Turbo intercooler with cast end tanks
  • Pre tapped oil pan
  • Pre tuned Emanage
  • 550cc RC injectors
  • Stainless Manifold
  • 4 ply couplers
    Now it comes with eManage… There must be better options/ someone who can really tune it after install around here.

If I go this route I am having custom one-off cams ground for me as well as a LSD and various other fun stuff. If the transmission holds, GOOD. If she doesn’t? Too bad, Ill get a custom one made, maybe convince someone to sell them for me too.

Does anyone know anything about this kit and its application on a tC? Does anyone in the area even have a modded tC?

Well if you want to pay almost $4500 for about $1500 worth of stuff go for it. I’d say do it all custom and if your going to pay someone to tune anyways just save the money that they are charging for the pretuned emanage. Theres a lot of ways to turbocharge a car and a $4,000+ kit for a 4 cylinder just sounds like way too much money to me. You could just wait until the price goes way down on tc kits.

ehhh, idk about 1500 worth of stuff… maybe if you got it used…

hahah looking to boost already?

Definitely looking to boost already. Its a complete kit, from what I have read its very well put together and almost meets my power goals as is. I would say that its more in the range of $3000 worth of stuff (new components, I’m not looking to break too much stuff just yet). It also comes with their “tuned” eMange system, but I really question that.

emanage is fine if you have it setup right and not wired all half assed.

it just sounds pricey to me for something relatively simple. I may be underestimating the cost of the components but $4400? I respect a company for developing a quality turbo kit and if you have the money then by all means do it. I just think the tc hype is driving that cost up a little bit, but hell if I had the money I’d probably do it too. Boost that thing.

edit: what about your waranty?

Wellllll, this wont be happening until the end of the summer, as in late August at the earliest. I am assuming the price will drop, at the very least slightly, by that time.

Well PM me for tC turbo kit info. I am VERY familiar with custom kits on that app.

Yeah how is that project going by the way?

Me?

it would be much much cheaper to fab up a kit. if your gunna go this route build up the rest of the car to handle the extra power first. the factory clutch wont handle the boost, the open differential will make for some great 1 wheel smoke shows, the factory suspension will give you wheel hop like its going out of style, and the stock tires minus well be made out of grease cause they dont grip in any condition. then only after you do all that should you consider making more power.

Yeah I havn’t really kept up with that project. Seemed quite intreguing.

Project is still comin along. Still needing to get the new turbo in, new ems and re-tune. H&R coilovers, Brembo rotors and Axxis pads are on her now. We are getting stronger axles made since we snapped one launching @ 8.5 PSI with a Rev of only 3000 RPMS… :gay2:

Car will be at HIN Boston on April 29th. :slight_smile:

More updates after that show.

Factory clutch @ 255wtq handeled bout a week of abuse. I 2nd that it needs to be upgraded. ACT Street is great and holding 300wtq now with ease.

Differential…Quaife has one comming out in May. :tup:

Factory suspension wouldn’t hold 210wtq let alone anything more. H&R doing the job now and VERY nice might I add.

Stock tires are like hot butter on the pavement with any decent TQ levels.

Some kits are worth looking into if you do not have expertise.

Could you put on your pre fabbed kit this weekend and put down 300WHP on your first dyno pull? Could you simply hook up the connectors without hours of welding, cutting, measuring, and refabbing? Could you make your own cast manifold?

Nothing is more annoying that watching people on the internet bitch about things not being free. It’s almost as bad as the moran that buys the kit used from someone else after bitching about the price, then complains about the slow technical support they are getting from the manufacturer :hay:

How many of the turbo kits in here were done in under 12 hours, because at my billable rate that should be about all the time I have to spend on that kit, including all of the sourcing, and all of the fab work.

Oh wait, if I buy an intercooler made out of beer cans and use JBweld to hold it together because my $50 harbor freight tig hasn’t arrived yet, spend a whole season getting it put together, and then another 2 months getting it running right, I could save a thousand bucks.

:gay2:

There is nothing wrong with doing something yourself, and it’s often priceless, and cheaper in material cost, but there is also nothing worse than some internet keyboard monkey spouting off about how some crap is a ripoff and he can do it for half as much money.

disclaimer - i know nothing about this kit, the quality, or the components, this is a rant about automotive forums in general across all makes and models

:word:

I agree, building manifolds, cutting welding charge pipes, cheap wiring, spending hours and hours making deals with shady people on car forums, etc… is not fun stuff to do. Saves money yes, but runs like poop half the time and doesnt look very professional unless u really have some skill. buy a good quality kit and blaze the streets while other kids are wrenching and cursing at their cars in the garage.

Basically I didn’t read a few replies, but what I am getting is that you guys are worried that I wont build the rest of the car to handle a petty 350 WHP? If I am dropping $4500 on the FI, dont worry Ill definitly cover my bases.

Clutch/Flywheel I have covered.
Engine Damper I have covered.
Quaife LSD I have covered, as mentioned in first post.
Suspension I still don’t have picked out. That will come in time.
Tires, if anyone has talked to me about this car yet, are one thing I have bitched and moaned about STOCK! Hell, they wont even last until I have this kit on the car.

BTW, I would not buy from that company…check this link that was posted.

http://apps.sos.ky.gov/business/obdb/(eqop2aaz1o5anm55mthgpa55)/showentity.aspx?id=0597550&ct=06&cs=99999

http://apps.sos.ky.gov/corpscans/50/0597550-06-99999-20051101-ADS-491928-PU.pdf

Sounds like that company is on it’s way down.