Nikku Detailed: Trashed Black Porsche Carrera S

Hey everyone,

This is my first post here. I hope you enjoy the pictures.

Anyways so the past couple of days I spent my time at the Porsche dealership on a trade in that was in horrendous condition. It was my first detail at that dealership and the people there were great. Although it was disappointing that someone would treat a car, any car the way the previous owner treated this beauty.

During the inspection stage the roof and rear hatch had particularly low paint reading and was hit with the PC DA with a much less aggresive combination.

Please excuse some of the untouched wheel wells. The car was washed and sat in the bay. I did a quick ONR on the paintwork and went at it.

Whoops one last thing. I was only to address the paintwork at the request of the client.

Anyways enough of my babbling.

Enjoy,
Nick

Products
Process

Clay:
1:5 ratio of QID with water
Riccardo Yellow Clay

Paint Correction:
Menzerna Power Gloss
Menzerna Super Intesive
Menzerna Nano Polish
3M US Perfect it 3000 Ultrafine
Sonus Yellow
Sonus White
Sonus Blue

Protection:
Opti-Seal

LSP:
Optimum Car Wax

Equipment:
Defelsko P6000
Brinkman
Metabo PE12-175
Makita 9227C
PC DA
3M Backing Plate
Globe 1000w Halogen x 2

Befores

Swirls on the rear lights

During

50/50 of ROOF - Right side was hit with two passes of PG with Yellow

50/50 of passenger side door panel

Driver door panel polished and rear driver side quarter panel unpolished

Another unpolished shot of the rear driver side quarter panel.

Panels polished

Compounded prior to final polish.

Swirls and holos in rear lights.

50/50

All cleared up

Now you see the massive scratches.

Now you don’t. Yes I know i forgot to use the halogens.

Another 50/50 of rear passenger side quarter panel

AFTERS

Total Hours Worked: 19 Hours.

How much did this job cost? Good Work.

yeah how much do you charge and do you have your own store front business?

do you want one?

Thanks for the comments.

I typically charge $50/hr. I do have preset packages set up for those that do prefer having a package drawn out rather than per hour estimates.

I do not have my own store front but I would love one eventually. Although I focus on mobile detailing I understand there is a need for a store front. The overhead for a store front at the moment is incredibly high right now particularly in the desirable areas.

I’ll have a rogue and maxima coming in this next week as well as other vehicles.

Thanks for looking at the pictures and I’m glad you guys enjoy.

yeah $1000 is worth it ona porsche… not for most of the cars on here though.

It really depends on what a client wants or needs. If he likes his current paint job and wants it brought back to life the cost makes sense, compared to a repaint. However if the owner wants a new colour and his current paintwork warrants one sure why not a new paint job :).

There are so many options these days, vinyl, detail, respray. I vote for detail :stuck_out_tongue:

Damn thats sum wicked work. I’m in desperate need of a detail along those lines for an '02 altima, my paint looks just like those before pictures and I need it to look like those after pictures.

Nikku Please PM me with some details if possible.

Thanks