No more bike, What to do what the plate?

So I traded my bike yesterday. I have no idea what to do with the lic. plate though. I heard that I just keep it. But I have heard you hand them into dmv also. The bikes still registered and insured (until end of Sept.).

Anyone have an idea?

I believe you’re supposed to turn them in. I forgot to do mine and nothing happened, not that I’m reccomending that method.

I turned mine in.

Ok then, I will just turn it in today then. Thanks guys!

Yeah turn it in. I didnt when I let my INS on my car lapse, and they made me wait the same number of days it lapsed, till I could reg it again. I am sure its the same for bikes, they want to make your life miserable anyway they can!

Yea with the my old integra I sold. The girl registered it while I still had the plates. She ended up on my issuance without me even known. It was a total headache.

as far as i know, motorcycles do not fall under the same requirements as cars due to their seasonal usage. I still have my old old plate from way back when and i never had an issue cancelling the insurance or with dmv

I’m not to worried about the insurance on it. I just don’t want any issues if the guy tries to register it when it’s still under my name because i still have the plate.

Turn the plate in and then cancel your insurance.

This is accurate. I still have the plate from the SMR hanging on my cube wall at work. You can cancel the insurance and registration and are not required to return the plate

I kept the plate from my old Subaru before I got a vanity plate.