No Walmart in Kilbuck twp @ old Dixmont site

who blames them? I fuckin hate walmart(s)

No more speeding tickets from Kilbuck, the police department will be disbanned at the end of this year.

REALLY?

Where did you read that?

The entire ORB aka 65 corrider is a money press for all those crappy municipalities & the city of pgh.

40mph by the stadiums my ass.

I don’t mind WalMart, but put them in places that have enough road to get cars in and out of. Rt 65 would be a mess with traffic having people go in and out of WalMart.

:blue:

as somebody that drives 65 from the city of pittsburgh, to leetsdale, and back every day… this pisses me off…

after walmart came in, tore down dixmont, fucked up 65 for a long time… (god damn single lane past the site on the way out in the morning), they decide not to develop there…

THANKS!

Yes really. I know guys that work there and this was in the Trib.

It might not be quite soon enough to hit the gas.
But if a Kilbuck supervisor has his way, police in a township famed for its speed trap will be disbanded or merged with neighboring Ohio Township police.

Supervisor Russell Hardiman said Kilbuck stands to save $120,000 a year if the police force is eliminated.

Supervisor Jim Pool, however, opposes the plan, and supervisors Chairman Dave Blackson said he’s undecided.

But the idea has plenty of backers.
“Good,” KDKA Radio morning talk-show host Mike Pintek said Wednesday when told of Hardiman’s proposal.

Pintek has railed against Kilbuck police for more than a decade.

“I stay out of Kilbuck as much as I can, and I have other people drive if I have to go through it,” he said.

For years, Pittsburgh-area residents have sounded off to Pintek about Kilbuck police, telling tales of being ticketed for having faded license plates, license-plate frames covering the word Pennsylvania or decals in the back window.

“That police department has a bad black eye because it is one of the worst speed traps,” Pintek said. “And it’s all about getting money.”

Revenue from traffic citations has dried up over the past several years – to just under $31,000 last year, compared to nearly $45,000 in 1999.

Kilbuck has slashed traffic citations in half – from 4,000 to 5,000 annually a decade ago to about 2,000 last year, said police Chief Randy Elllison.

Township officials say catching speeders is less emphasized now than in the past. And they insist it never was about money.

“Patrols started in the early 1990s after a rash of fatal accidents along Route 65,” Hardiman said. “And Route 65 should be patrolled. We cannot have people entering Emsworth going 55 mph.”

Hardiman said he simply is looking for ways to cut costs. He said the idea of disbanding the police has nothing to do with declining revenue from tickets.

“This is about lower taxes, and that is what we are elected to do,” he said.

Some residents said they don’t mind the township’s speed-trap reputation.

“I am not necessarily against a speed trap if they using it to stop DUIs on Ohio River Boulevard,” Kilbuck resident Marilyn Simon said. “I think the police are wrongly criticized.”

Supervisor Pool said he fears the elimination of the police force could be a step toward eliminating the tiny township itself.

“I will not let this township be dissolved,” Pool said of Kilbuck.

Kilbuck has a population of 723. Its tax rate is 6.5 mills, compared to 2.5 mills in neighboring Ohio Township.

Maintaining the police force of three full-time officers and seven part-timers costs the township about $180,000 a year.

Not much bang for the buck, said Hardiman.

Nearby Sewickley Hills pays $58,000 annually for police protection from Ohio Township. Ben Avon pays $140,000 annually for police protection from Kilbuck. Ben Avon has more than twice the population of Kilbuck.

Kilbuck is one of hundreds of locations listed on speedtrap.org – a Web site run by the National Motorists Association of Waunakee, Wis. The group has fought for the repeal of the national 55-mph speed limit.

good, the less the better

OT is just worse as kilbuck :frowning:
sneaky fuckers too.

You ever been to emsworth or avalon off of 65? ( besides the avalon motel :kekegay:)
damn nice houses in that area

I get the feeling that you are really fond of police officers:eek3:

Police officers are great, especially the Motor Carrier Enforcement that waive me by the scales each and every time :blue:

Got to love the local DOT also, that has no idea what the hell to look for :rofl:

I’m very suprised the motorcycle cop from kilbuck isn’t doing DOT checks on commercial vehicles, must be getting old and tired on his knees at home from his boyfriend.

Route 8 cops do a well check, i have to admit. ONLY ON TRAILERS though. we all know why.

Yeah… they are just too crooked. Just like the cop on the news last night that punched the handcuffed guy in the side and then in the chest I believe. They guy was placed on “unpaid leave”… so why didnt he get arrested just like I would get if I punched someone in the side and the chest? He just gets unpaid leave… You guys have the power to ruin someones life… so if you guys mess up or do something crooked, I believe you should pay twice the penalty of what a normal civilian would. This way, you guys might think twice before trying to do crooked shit.