Northway facing 'intolerable' future

That was an arbitrary figure I threw out and was based on average salary. Average salary for my kind of work up here is $40k (I make more)…and down in the city it’s $60k or so. But, it really depends on the company, your ability, you personality, etc.

With working in NYC…there would be thousands of more opportunities to expand my resume and thus get higher up the food chain so to speak. I could make $100k easy in NYC after a few years as opposed to up here where it might take me 10-15 years to get high enough in a local company. Hell, I’m looking at a large promotion right now that’s in the works but it would still be easier in NYC.

Also, for trains, you can buy ‘passes’ which turn out to be cheaper than buying say…1000 individual tickets. They have options for commuters.

Build it and they will come. At first it may be a little more expensive but as the network improves, etc. prices will level out.

Either way…it would be VERY good for our area. Yes it would increase population and cost on some things due to more people using services what not…but in general…it would create a strong foundation in our area which can only help our area out in the end.