Not a matter of if, but when - destroyed my bike

I am okay. X-Rays and CT Scan were negative at Albany Med. Just some really bad neck pain and I am EXTREMELY sore in the upper body. Feels like I jammed a bunch of my fingers on my left hand and one on my right. Can’t hold my arms over my head for more than like 20 seconds.

I was wearing all of my gear (which I admit hasn’t always been the case on hot days but now that it’s cold I wear it all the time - but if I get back on a bike, it will be no matter the weather).

Bike looks like it needs a headlight, full right side fairings and turn signal, rear brake lever. Right slider is bent (the frame it installs too) so I don’t know if the frame of the bike is tweaked or just the frame of the sliders.

As for what happened…well. I was coming home from a long ride up near Halfmoon, dropping some stuff off in Cohoes, choir, etc. and decided to go a slightly longer route down Pictuay Rd. off of 9W (as opposed to taking Rt. 396). I was doing about 25-30mph (from what I remember - might have been 35mph) as I took the first slight left hander and then as I entered the right hand turn I got caught in some loose gravel. So, I stood the bike up and got on the brakes a bit and was shooting for the grass but didn’t make it (didn’t slam on the brakes and just ran out of room). I hit a HUGE pile of gravel which caused the bike and me too separate. I believe I hit the ground on my back/side first and then flipped and slid a couple feet on my face/stomach as the front of my helmet has much more damage than the back and I remember being on all fours when it was all over.

I walked away with only impact injuries mostly and nothing else.

Pictures:

Gear:

Glad to see your ok

Thanks Nick.

You think insurance will total this? With labor, plus fairings, headlight, etc. it sounds like it’ll be at least 2k. I know bikes, even with little damage, can cost hundreds to fix.

that helmat could have been your face man. glad your ok

Yeah I know…I keep running the scenarios through my head and it’s quite scary. That was only around 30mph…can’t imagine an accident at 55mph+.

Town of Selkirk is going to hear it from me on Monday. The amount of gravel on that road is BS.

glad you are ok man, dang.

Glad youre ok but, awaiting the i told you so’s.

it looks totaled, make sure you give all your receipts for your gear they cover that too! that helmet is done! id buy the bike back tho and throw some Chinese fairings on it and call it a day, or if u dont want to buy it back i would :slight_smile: lmk!

Lol Death. Who cares about I told you so’s. I never said I wouldn’t drop the bike like some people tend to say IIRC. Thanks though.

I definitely won’t be buying it back so I’m not sure how you can get it but if they total it, you are more than welcome to use me as a middle man to pick this up. And I didn’t know insurance covers gear…I was planning to go after the town to cover as much of this as I could.

Totaled. What do you want for it?

glad youre alright. follow up with a doc or chiro in a week or two, trust me

As much as I can get :lol. I’ll see what the adjuster says first.

And yeah, I’m going to see a doc on monday.

Truly glad you’re alright man.

If they total it buy it back and sell it to me.

Glad your ok, next time take 396. Those back roads down there suck and I’ve seen some shitty conditions. I def wouldn’t be taking those roads at night.

What are you plans? Getting a new one?

Glad your ok Ilya, everyone does it…

Get a 600 or a 750 next…

If I get another one in the spring (need to let this blow over with my parents), it’ll likely be a 600.

I will let everyone know what the insurance buy back is and if you all are actually interested it’ll go to the highest bidder.

Yeah insurance will total it out, if your slider didn’t get ripped out and can be removed that’s a plus. Bring it over to my place I’d take a look at it. Right now it looks fixable to my eyes. You’ve seen my bike I’ve eaten twice on that thing. I might be able to help with repair.

I bust your stones and so on kid , but in all seriousness glad your still upright and not dead . Now that you have been down ya know what it’s about ! Busa time don’t be a pussy !

Thanks man. And thanks to all the rest of ya.

Nah, slider stayed attached, but the bracket that it attaches too is bent (per the pic). Don’t know if it did anything to the frame, although remembering how it’s install, it really isn’t attached to the frame all that much. It’s held on by two long bolts, the same bolts that keep the engine attached to the frame. And I don’t think the back end damage is enough to tweak the frame.

I really do hope they total it. At this point, I’d rather have the $$$ than the bike. I don’t like owning things that have been previously fixed and may have a salvage title…that’s why I bought the bike new (since it was affordable) so I was getting something I knew the history of and had no prior questionable maintenance or treatment.

Hahah, no Busa for me. I’ve been monitoring the prices on 06-08 600s (Gixxers, CBRs, R6s, and ZX-6Rs). We’ll see what happens. I don’t plan to ride this particular 300 again though.