Not Nissan Related: Toyota MR-2

any imput on the car?..

thanks for all feedback,

I welcome all imput good and bad.

Extreamly good cars for autocross and lapping. I plan on owning one as soon as the late 90s GTS models are available for import. The only major issue is overheating when driven hard for long periods.

I give those titties 2 thumbs down …

A few concerns I had with them are,

it’s a rear mount engine, does that change anything?

where do subwoofers go?.

is there any problems or concerns I should know about?.

small small subs go behind the driver seat like in pickups …

rear engien is tough to work on and in some cases the engine has to be dropped in order to change some maintenance parts …not a car I would own

Well, technically it’s a mid mount. Subs can go in the front storage place (under the hood), behind the seats if they’re thin enough, or in the storage place behind the engine.

Personally, I quite like them. Such a nifty design. but the overheating and it being so hard to work on is always a downer.

fun cars. I wouldny buy a car for the reason of a sub woofer. The 3S isnt bad to work on or pull. Gay thing most of all is the rad is up front and is gay to change fluid and you need lots! If you hit a pipe under the car it can also be a bitch.

Most of all I hate about these MR2’s is that they are the worst car to cut in Half. I can cut 3 S13 in the time it takes me to cut a SW20. But ya nice cars. I have many JDM factory bits for this car aswell so if you did get one and needed door p[anels or plastic bits I got most it all!

The fact you have enuff experiance cutting them in half to feel that way makes me sad. The Midship layout is a huge part of why the car turns so well.

Yeah, wicked format for auto-x and drag. I would never buy one if you’re thinking of drifting it. From what I hear the turbo mr-2’s can be a handful on the road too…

yes but atleast they get 1.5 60ft times no problems! Amazing cars for drag and the 3S is very powerfull.

a few questions I had,

is the engine front mount?.. or rear mount?.

where would the intercooler go,

hell no I woulden’t drift. I’m too dumb.

I got fast in straight line.

lol…

but, yeah…

They’re midships, hence the M in MR2 (the R being Rear wheel and 2 being… 2 wheels) the motor is mounted in a center location. Its kinda hard to explain, so google MR2 and take a look at some of the motor pictures… you should see where its mounted

As for the Intercooler, its mounted in the vent behind the right side door, and the intake is mounted in the vent on the left side door… Again, take a look at some googled pics of it and sometimes you see the intercooler gleaming (if its an ARC one… hehe) through on the venting…

However what it really needs is a nice big GTC inspired racing scoop, kinda like the ones the GT NSX have for cooling…

They are nice to look at but they are a bitch to work on, no cargo space, not as tough and as functional as an s13 imo.

If its going to be your only car I wouldn’t get one but if you have a daily driver and you are making it your track/weekend car then it is an ok choice.

A lot of people run Air-Water intercoolers or water injection on these cars to help with the overheating.

MR is just any car with the engine between the rear axle and the passenger compartment. The only real rear-engine cars around are old vw’s, a few fiats and renaults, and some porsches.