Here's an interesting swap for you guys!!

Thought some of you might like to check this out. A little something different than everyone else!

http://www.engineswaptech.com/forums/thread/60.aspx

unique eh?

A great engine but i dont think its the best fit for the car.

I don’t see why people feel the need to do overly complicated things. Sure your the first and its kinda cool… But realistically its not going to be a improvement over a well designed SR swap setup.

Good engine good car…Whats not to like.

Its a great idea, if you own a shop or are looking for sponsorship. For your own personl car, unless you have loads of cash and another car to drive around. Its a waste of time / money.

I have a friend do that swap before like 3 years ago. Said its a waist of time. I guess the guy that he sold it too is winning many drift comps in ausi with it though so I dont think it makes your car harder to handle at all. I think it would be fun. Id like to see the Titan engine though. VQ56 or somthing like that.

Chris Forsberg’s drift car has the Titan engine in it. Looks pretty cool sittin’ in the 350.

Forsbergs car is as dumb as this idea seriously . He put it in becuse he thought it could take more abuse but ended up giving him the same problems and seeing him drift around there was nothing crazy about the power or smoke as it actually seemedl ike he was bogging down coming out of the end of the corners

Turbo is the best way to go , NA is just boring in a japanese car

NA is boring in a Nissan, Because the engines are poorly engineered.

and honda is any better.

They make no torque.

But they do make some power around 7000 rpm, but then you have to shift at 7200 rpm.

My civic runs 13s… Its NA… The engine had a Racer designs short ram intake and a ractive header. Your engine has more displacement and a turbo and your car is RWD…

Comparing apples to oranges… :anal

ta da

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/2188/p1020085hj0.jpg

Comparing apples to oranges… :anal[/quote]

Actually, compairing a 2L turbo engine to a 1.8L NA engine :stuck_out_tongue:

Ahhh a honda that is fast in a staight line.

Whats your MPH???

My best MPH is 116 in the quarter.

[Rant]
Alright, Why are we fighting about Honda vs Nissan war?

Lets see, nissan weight is a LOT more than a Honda (I believe that can be agreed upon)…

Hondas are designed as fuel saving cars, nissans arent (have you read the MPG for a 3.5L Altima … 24 MPG my 1993 gets the same 24 MPG with a 2.4L) but nissans are heavier and need a bit more power to haul around.

And no one can dispute the lack of torque from a Honda motor as to compared to a Nissan motor. Sure the Honda revs high, thats how it gets it fuel economy, Nissans have a longer stroke thus more torque and a drop in fuel economy…

Basically it comes down to preference to the driver, because who really gives a Fuck what your buddy, boss, girlfriend, random guy on a forum thinks of your ride and what you did to it!

Do you like a VQ35 in the hood of your 240sx or Sentra? Or do you like a more common CA18 or SR20 Swap in you 240sx? Each has it advantage, each has it down fall but its your car in the end dont let people decide what you do for your ride

[End Rant]

I think the swap was pretty cool, Does any one remeber motor they swapped into the Top Secret (I think, might be wrong) G35 Skyline? Was it a 4.0 or 4.5? They nick named it the R35

I agree, a car manufacturer debate can go on and on and not end.

I remember that car, I don’t remember the exact engine, but a TT V8 skyline is a pretty sweet idea.

Comparing apples to oranges… :anal[/quote]

Actually, compairing a 2L turbo engine to a 1.8L NA engine :P[/quote]
So the 1.8 is a factory engine?, and you have a full interior?. What does a Integra with the Integra engine you have in your civic run the quarter in?