Not the Status Cuomo

So Gov. Cuomo just put out his first budget. It is the most moderate/conservative thing I have ever seen from a NYS Democrat.

I agree with most of it, although it goes against my ideology this state is just too damn bloated. I think the cuts to education and TAP, and letting the millionaires’ surcharge expire are poor choices, but it finally addresses NY’s Medicaid morass.

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/capital-connection/albany/article329908.ece

Shelly Silver must be shitting bricks waiting to tear this thing apart.

I totally forgot this came out today :tup:

I hope he can get this shit though this year… because next year is an election year and we all know politicians like to “play it safe”…

At least he isn’t raising taxes 66% like Illinois just did.

:tup: to Cuomo

More poop in the pants of public employee unions.

For the most part I support the deal. Only thing I hate is that he didn’t keep the millionaire’s tax in order to spare some of the cuts to education. This isn’t the time to be lowering taxes on the people most able to afford them.

At least they got a deal done in a civil fashion. Sets a good example for how to do this sort of thing, whereas that asshole Walker in Wisconsin does the opposite.

Well yeah, the opposition party didn’t skip town and play hold-out in another state, lol.

Wow. First early budget since I was one year old. Not bad. Sucks that UB 2020 got axed, but oh well. Hard times…