NOTHING BUT HYPE... edit: more runs, page 3

You can downshift to 2nd at speeds below 15ish, you should never downshift to 1st unless you are at a complete stop. You CAN do it, but the car will jerk pretty hard.

wow, thats moving. I’d like to know how much more of a race car that makes it after living with it for a few weeks. That a great improvment.

what dose he like for burnouts, no 1st… high gear, deal

It feels great for street driving. I just need to put an exhaust back on be because I made a dumped pipe go try it out and it’s loud. Once that’s back on… All gooder. I love the 6sp but I do not regret doing this. The car feels awesome. Just need to tighten up the converter a bit becuase I’m blowing through it

Great Vids! What an improvement with the auto!

:tup:

Honestly, didn’t it shock you at just how easy the car is to drive now on the street? I love my auto!

I think Carl blew it on your converter. He does great work but there’s no way you should be stalling that high. He must have underestimated the power you have. I don’t see why you’d want anything above a 5000rpm converter with a big turbo car. Your car makes enough power at that rpm to launch it hard.

I had him loosen the converter I had last year about 3 years ago. It was alright on motor, but was buried on spray. I was at 6000 between shifts. It turns out on spray I had 40% slippage and he only use a 14 blade stator, very inefficient. I love my new 3200 stall, it really tight. It has 4% slippage on motor. I have yet to spray it. Hopefully this Tuesday it will be nice. Are you running an 8 inch converter? Usually big horsepower cars run super tight converters. I’m surprised your not running a 10 inch 3000-3500 stall. You will like it even more when you get your converter tightened.

I really don’t know what I Have and he wasn’t sure either. The boost shifts it instantly but the final wot rpm range is too high. In those bids I was pedaling it all the way down. He said I have 5-600 left in this one and then he’d have to build a different style. I’ll do the 1/4 first and see wherwe’rere at. Thing that scares me is I have a LOT more boost I planned on using and I won’t have near enough converter for it

cant wait to see the times :tup:

well towards the end of the work day i was like “wtf bru, may as well hit the track.” so i did. checked tire pressure, no changes. went through tech, taped up the quarters, all good. absolutely no changes from last week.

1st run, good launch but i was shifting like shit and was blowing through the converter. around 14psi. but, i was plesantly surprised by the slip:

WOW!, i honestly thought it was going to be a “crappy” run. i drive back around, but the guys at the lanes tell me to turn around and see the guy who teched me in. the tech guys were actually VERY cool, but basically said you got 2 changes to eff up, so slow it down. i said aiite, i can take 2 psi out of it and run on the gate, ill be good. (6.5et limit)…

2nd run, only changes was i ran on the WG, 11psi

this run actually felt awesome. the converter loved it and it was fun to drive (i knew when to shift properly.) i only lost .16 et with prob 70 less hp. but, oops, have to go slower. so the rest of the night i just played with the 2 step and slammed on the brakes half way down the track. raised the 2 step a couple hundred RPM and did this on the 3rd run:

1.42 <---- saaawweeeeett
84.27 - lol

raised the 2-step a little more and ran:

81.23 LOL

all in all im very excited about the car. it feels like a monster and im not even close to working it yet. it definitely has 5’s in it easily as it sits, then i have 200+ whp left in it and a converter to play with. :tup: to everybody who’s had their hand in it with me. JT76 has some pretty sweet vids he’ll put up at some point or another.

and yayyy, i can finally hang with the GTO kid!!!1111!!!1!!

those are some awesome time bill when are you gonna run it in the 1/4

Awesome… you’re quicker than me in the 1/8th :tup:

I’m gonna need to stretch and spray to keep up with you ;)…

that’ll never happen.

1/4 times to follow?

Hittin the 1/4 asap. Unfortunately I have very limited time and it def
won’t be this week. As it is I’m supposednto be working a show tomorrow through sat at the falls, but got really lucky by being invited to cedar point starting thurs. Regardless I’ll get there when time permits. Very excited to see what it can do, but have a bad feeling the converter isn’t going to take me very far We’ll see

are these on 93 oct?

Btw. Excuse my phone typing

Yes 93oct and low boost (several on wg)

:tup:

Hype and slow.

keep me in the loop…

It sucks being down here…

btw, when the ef did chuck get married. howd i miss that :frowning:

jeebus christ! that is unreal, awesome times bill

I didnt get a text or call Bill ha Good runs kid.