Springville Mfg. Co., Inc.
PO Box 367 (for mail)
8798 North Street
Springville, NY

First shift mill set up and operator
Must have at least 3 years experience
Pay based on experience
Horizontal mill experience a plus

Competitive pay & benefits - health & life insurance, 401K, vacation, holidays, personal time, etc.

I had 2 guys retire and an increase in business just after that so I need someone that can hit the ground running. Right now we are working 50 hours per week and it seems even with a couple hires there will still be some overtime needed.

(I am also looking for just an operator that has a good work ethic and understands what “full time” means. If you do drugs don’t even waste your time or mine.)

EOE, M/F/V/D

Phone number? I know someone that may be interested.

5924957 x19 leave a message if I don’t answer.

Bump because I need skilled people. As much as I would like to hire some people and train them I just don’t have the resources at this point, I really need SKILLED help right now.

Edit: Lathe too, not just mill.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

www.springvillemfg.com

www.worldwidewaterjet.com

I hear crickets. Seriously no one with skills needs a job?

Let me ask this, does anyone know of a machine shop that needs work? I am completely swamped since Romney is gaining in the polls. :smiley:

Not willing to post a pay range indicates there is a 80% chance you are paying $11/hr with a top rate of about… $11.50/hr.
Experienced CNC operators should not settle for being a teenager. If they do settle for under 20, they’re most likely a druggie and can’t pass a piss/hair test.

Not trying to be a dick, just see it all the time. I usually don’t even waste time on an ad like that. Go through the process, tests, then find out they start at $14/hr? Why the hell even waste each others time?
If I do decide to be adventurous, I ask the pay rate over the phone before I even go in.

Aronson is hiring out in Arcade for somewhere around 20-21 if I recall… With benefits up the ass and they just had a 20% of gross salary profit sharing bonus this year.
Most good candidates down south will head there I’d imagine.

Once again, I apologize and don’t mean to shit up your thread. Just saying it like it’s seem from outsiders.

West Metal works has a VERY nice machine shop.
http://www.westmetalworks.com/
Their welding is absolute rubbish but their machining has always been top notch.
S. Howes is their parent company.

Well I guess as long as you didn’t mean to shit all over my thread. You got to speak your mind and that is what is most important. Thanks.

No problem, anytime.

Train me and i’ll be the best employee you ever had :slight_smile: I’m looking for a career change or i’m gonna go back to school next year. I have been at my job for 10 years and doing the same type of work for 20 years, i need a change…

What type of work have you been doing? NT would be a long commute, no?

Many weeks we work 10 hours overtime too.

Chef, but i’m a quick learner and good with mechanical stuff. I’m temporarily living in the Amherst area and not against relocating if the job is worth it. I would be leaving a job that gives full benefits, paid holidays, 401k, and 4 weeks paid vacation so like i said it needs to be worth my time to move. I’m a hard/fast worker though and i know it isn’t easy to find reliable people like that now a days…

I don’t know much about your industry but that sounds like a nice job, you must be a reliable, hard worker. At this point it will be tough to find a job in manufacturing that can compete with your current job without having manufacturing experience. Good luck though and I will keep you in mind. Hey you never know, like you said it is not easy finding reliable people.

Sounds good, thanks for your time.

pmed