Now that is one annoying wide band!

Installed my wide band last week. Been messing with it since last week.

I get a hum through my in car speakers only. Not my sub woofers. ONLY my in cars??? Tried grounding to body, designated grounds through a circuit sharing a power from the same circuit. Tried running it straight to and from battery. Does not matter, noise is still there.

Is there some type of filter I can buy? Or isolator? It’s not really that big a deal. No one else has mentioned anything yet. It’s just the fact that I hear it…all the time. Only because I know it’s there lol.

Took my dad 45 minutes to finally hear it!

Any suggestions?

Lemme guess, it’s an Innovate LC-1 unit wired to an IGN source (eg. cig lighter)?

I have an LC-1 and I hear a whine too. Hasn’t stopped me from tuning :dunno:

if it`s powered through your deck positive(yellow) thats your problem

I tried powering it up straight from the battery. And grounded right to the chassis.

It’s an AEM

I’ll look for a pic

http://www.gpiperformance.com/images/aem_uego%20displays.jpg

i found with mine i used a 16g wire from battery to toggle switch then to unit then grounded to seat bolt with two 18g wires(speaker wire) just to make sure it was grounded right and i have had no problems

that seems way unnecessary for a gauge… wow.

do you have the power wires running near your speaker wires? I know that can sometimes cause it to hum. maybe try a different spot to ground your stereo.

Are you just eyeballing the gauge? Or using it as input for your EMS of some sort?

If you’re eyeballing I don’t think the hum is gonna help you much.

Try running a clean power to the unit (i.e. ECU backup 12V+) and grounding a 14-16ga wire directly to the intake manifold where the other two grounds are (CAS and sensors); don’t use the chasis.

I’ll try that Gonad.

Atm, it’s just for watching, eyeballing. Sooner or later EMS

thats why audio installers have the power and speaker wires on different sides of the car. this could be your problem i doubt it tho cuz its not too noticeable

or you could just take out your sound system and just listen to your car sing :stuck_out_tongue:

The only thing I don’t understand is it is coming through my in cars rather than my sub woofers…weird. 90% of the time you get “noise” through your subs…this is not the case…

So many little annoying things with these cars. Man oh man. It’s the little things that I hate. I blew my tranny, I was like…whatever. Sucks but hey. Yet, noises…and inconvenient things, drive me nuts.

Is it different if you’re listening to the radio or a CD? IIRC the antenna wire travels down the driver’s A pillar. If it’s only the radio that could be the case.

If the noise is above your sub-amps cutoff frequency, your amp will likely filter the noise. That noise is probably well above 150Hz.

Always there. CD, MP3, auxilary, am/fm everything.

I don’t understand any of the hertz shit or w.e…soooooo, ya:/:

Basically he is asking if it’s low pitch (bass) or high pitch (treble). If it’s high pitch the sub amp will cut it out as it only sends low frequency sounds to the sub… would explain why it’s only coming from the speakers.

it’s high pitch whine/hum

you could try re-wireing your speakers