NTBorrow: honda ball joint tool

need the specialty honda balljoint tool for my girls element. please get at me since the car is completely apart.

I don’t have one, but you know this. Mainly because I’m sitting next to you.

fail for getting into suspension job w/o proper tooling.

get a sledge and man up already. show those ball joints who’s the bitch and who wear the pants in the relationship.

fuckin honda puts the damn balljoints on the knuckle not on the control arm so i really dont wanna take the whole thing out…

god i hate you… :lol

Jack up on the control arm until you can fit something into the area shown (in this case a wrench), let the jack down and put some weight on the brake rotor. How I do mine… works every time.

How do u press the balljoint out and back in without the tool

oh, you are pulling the balljoints out… hm. Take the knuckle off and bring it somewhere with a press? Lots of work without the tool unfortunately

Lol yea that’s where im at

Autozone might have the tool and adapters available to rent now that i think of it

Sometimes you can get them out buy using a two jaw puller and a deepwell socket that fits over the stud to reach the body. jaws wrap around the backside of the knuckle near the BJ body, center bolt presses against the socket to force the balljoint out of the knuckle.

Doesn’t always work, but most of the time it’ll pop them out. Essentially does the same the the factory tool does.

oh and it should be a rigid beam puller, not one that the arms piviot all around.

like this one
http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00lvFaRMmGCQWZ/2-Jaw-Puller-SN0205C-.jpg

I have one at the garage you can borrow if I get it back asap.

Advance does FYI.

Never seen that style puller before, I like that!