NY DMV law on out of state tickets.

Q: If I get a ticket for a moving violation in another state, do I receive points on my NYS driver license?

A: The NYSDMV does not record out-of-state violations committed by NYS drivers in other jurisdictions. The exceptions are alcohol-related violations, drug-related violations, and moving violations committed in Quebec or Ontario. Under special agreements, traffic convictions in Quebec or Ontario are recorded on NYS driver license records and carry points. Except for violations in Ontario and Quebec, points are not added to your NYS record for out-of-state violations.

Straight from the horse’s mouth.
http://www.nysdmv.com/dmvfaqs.htm#tickets

So whenever you get the urge to go the speed of light but don’t want to have the points… go to another state :nod

Yeah until you get a ticket and you don’t pay it or show up to court and get a warrant for your arrest :nono :haha my dad has a few tickets from SC and NJ :rofl

If you plead guilty and mail the money in, you’ll be fine.

Not paying a ticket is just stupid.

who wants to do some racing on rt 7 out of bennington :rofl

haha… vlad says that your dad is stupid

:rofl

good, cuz i got fucked once in some hicktown in vermont.

i say we get a trip up rt 7 to vermont, and soon as the boarders hit, who can get the highest ticket! ill do it. whoever wins, some how wins money and/or bitches!

yah my dad got pulled over in virgina, paid his ticket and no points on his liscense or record, however he lives in SC now and was pulled over in jersey and its on his liscense now, pts and all.

About the vermont thing, this is why a lot of bikers go to vermont to horse around. Just plead guilty by mail thats all. I dont know about seeing who has the biggest ticket tho, you can go to jail for X amount of speed ya know…

Whoever wins without going to jail gets his ticket paid by the rest of the participants.

I hit 125 in my 91 Civic DX on RT7 in Vermont :lol I’m definitely down for this contest. Even though I just paid a $210 ticket for Mass.

Plead not guilty and go to court…if the officer does not show you are good to go. I did this once for a VT ticket…

And while your at it, speed to the court in VT. Don’t wanna miss any opportunities.

I always get to Mt. Snow, Jay Peak, and Okemo in record time

I went to RI the other day, fucking Mass Troopers on the Pike are no joke. Out of their cars completely standing there shooting radar. Was nutty.

noted…

haha i have a couple friend’s dads that have unpaid tickets resulted in to warrrants in other states…they dont do jack shit about them

good thing you drive like a grandmother. :rofl:rofl