Out opf state speeding tickets.....

Long story short, got picked off today apparently doing 69 in a 55 in VT today while heading out to pick up the GTR(in a truck of all things too)

Officer was quite nice despite what I must have done(didn’t like my PBA card though) and laid out the ticket for me, stating in the end that it was a 2pt violation in the state and that it doesn’t affect my insurance/license here in NY.

How true is that? Anyone had an out of state ticket and just paid it and not had the pt’s transfer to your license here? Fine is $138 which I don’t really care about, just points if any will follow here…

Im under the impression that the states are completly separate concerning drivers license penalties. id like to get some concrete info on it though since I drive to VT a lot for work.

If I get a ticket for a moving violation in another state, do I receive points on my NYS driver license?

The NYSDMV does not record out-of-state violations committed by NYS drivers in other jurisdictions. The exceptions are alcohol-related violations, drug-related violations, and moving violations committed in Quebec or Ontario. Under special agreements, traffic convictions in Quebec or Ontario are recorded on NYS driver license records and carry points. Except for violations in Ontario and Quebec, points are not added to your NYS record for out-of-state violations.
If you do not respond to a ticket or fail to pay a fine for a moving violation that you committed in any state except Alaska, California, Michigan, Montana, Oregon or Wisconsin, the DMV suspends your NYS driver license until you respond to the ticket or pay the fine. If a driver from a state except these six states fails to respond to a traffic ticket issued in NYS, their driver license will be suspended until the driver responds to the traffic ticket in NYS.
Drivers from other states must contact the DMV in their home state to get information about the effect of a traffic violation conviction that occurs in NYS.
If you receive a conviction for an alcohol-related or drug-related driving violation in any state, your NYS driver license is revoked for at least six months.[/
If I get a ticket for a moving violation in another state, do I receive points on my NYS driver license?

The NYSDMV does not record out-of-state violations committed by NYS drivers in other jurisdictions. The exceptions are alcohol-related violations, drug-related violations, and moving violations committed in Quebec or Ontario. Under special agreements, traffic convictions in Quebec or Ontario are recorded on NYS driver license records and carry points. Except for violations in Ontario and Quebec, points are not added to your NYS record for out-of-state violations.
If you do not respond to a ticket or fail to pay a fine for a moving violation that you committed in any state except Alaska, California, Michigan, Montana, Oregon or Wisconsin, the DMV suspends your NYS driver license until you respond to the ticket or pay the fine. If a driver from a state except these six states fails to respond to a traffic ticket issued in NYS, their driver license will be suspended until the driver responds to the traffic ticket in NYS.
Drivers from other states must contact the DMV in their home state to get information about the effect of a traffic violation conviction that occurs in NYS.
If you receive a conviction for an alcohol-related or drug-related driving violation in any state, your NYS driver license is revoked for at least six months.
Truth. Didnt get points for my out of state tick.

weird that you get points from Canada but not any other states

This is the first ticket I’ve had in six or seven years, and the only speeding ticket I’ve had since I got the ticket driving my dodge avenger some odd 10+ years ago.

Happened on Route 279 right before the exit into DT Bennington, not 30-45 seconds after crossing over into VT. Was headed up the hill before the exit, lanes were merging and I gave it a little gas to get around the truck to my right. Statey crested the hill heading west just as I passed the truck. V1 sitting comfortably on the passenger seat. Of all the random vehicles I drive I never expected to get a ticket in the truck :facepalm

Good deal, little weight lifted off for sure there. I’ll pay the fine.

I lost my privledge to drive in VT for 1 year a long time ago. Didnt transfer to NYS or to my insurance just cost a lot of money.

I know down at H20 I got a huge speeding ticket driving like a dick in my VR, was like 130 fine, no points.

That makes sense.

Not reading any other posts but… other states just want your money, plain and simple

if you don’t pay then you will get a warranty for your arrest in that state which means nothing for NYS but once you go their and you get pulled over you would be fucked… i know your going to pay just making point

My driving instructor from a few years ago has warrents in Ohio, he got 6 tickets on one vacation, all speeding, all 20 or more over. He’s like 80 and he never paid any of them :lol
Funny guy he was. Anyone take drivers ed at CCHS with Duffalo?

Sorry to throw this completely off topic lol