NY speed machinists / engineers, requesting help

I bought a new lower for an ar15 build that I started 5 months ago.

The lower uses proprietary trigger pins that are extended due to raised sections on the gun (see the picture below) normally with a mil spec trigger, the springs of the trigger rest in slots that are channeled into the trigger pins. I am a big fan of cmc triggers and run them in all of my guns, however they are self contained units and therefor the springs never contact the pins.

Conclusion… The pins fall right out of the gun with the slightest tilt.

Cmc corrected this by using clips on the end of their pins, however, their pins aren’t long enough.

Can anybody point me into a better direction. Kns anti rotational pins are out (not long enough)

How much will somebody on here charge me to make some pins.

Normally I’d buy another lower but this lower is registered with the atf so I’m stuck with it.

Thanks
William

[ATTACH]32542[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Nobody?

haha :slight_smile:

I had a set, but can’t remember where from. Maybe cheaperthandirt. I’ll take a peek around.

• Updated - - -

Can’t find them. What if you get the kns pins and get longer Allen screws to make up the length difference? There use to be a guy on ar15.com that cnced parts for the community. But can’t think of him either.

That’s an idea, but the kns pins with the arms Will create bridges on my lower. Yuck.

Also true. Someone should be able to make a set. Do you know how long they need to be? I can text a friend who works in a machine shop. Has made a few parts b4.

I’ll have to measure them… That’d be awesome.

Also your trigger group does not have Allen screws to tighten on the bottom to put tension on your pins? I run a single stage Timney and that’s what holds the pins in.

Nope. Stock cmc have clips on the outside of the pins…

The distance from outside of hump through the receiver to the other hump is 28.56 mm… It would need to be slightly further with slots for clips. Better would be to have them threaded with really small Allen keys

I’ll shoot him a text tomorrow. Small pins correct?

I believe so.

Standard size. I believe they said… Is that the same as small?

Yes. Mostly older colts and a few random brands make large hole trigger holes.

Jp has a set that utilize larger cap screws to contain them. They would most likely work and if you need longer screws you should be able find them online.

Link.? I’m not seeing them

http://www.makereadyproshop.com/product-p/jpaw-1.htm

I need to know their length… Are there extended ones? Thankd

http://www.jprifles.com/1.4.8.5_aw.php

I need longer pins, not fatter ones… Seriously, those pins were slightly longer I’d buy them right now. They’d be perfect

Yea ever search I do for longer trigger pins yields fatter ones to take the slop out of non speced lowers.

Gah. Please let me know what your friend says… I might make a trip to a local shop and ask them